MIXED SUPPORTERS IN THE WIGAN END!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
trotski_tgwu

Re: MIXED SUPPORTERS IN THE WIGAN END!!

Post by trotski_tgwu »

EW are you going to the Wire game on Saturday? If so watch out for the Scotland and N Ireland Flags :lol: :lol: Thats where we will be

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

"Trotski"
Got tickets for the game me and my son will be there .
Dont know if i am driving down or taking the train from Edinburgh . If i drive down that will be 4 weeks in a row down the M6 if you include next weeks home game against Catalans . Might just sample some Virgin Trains hospitality this week .

Regards , EW.
2002 and EW is hooked
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rugby League fans complaining about non segregation is a step too far. How many years, decades did we happily stand next to opposing fans and you do so at some away grounds still. Over reaction.

Many Wiganers have bought their tickets from Wire anyhow and maybe Wigan RLFC could learn from Wire. No extra charges and tickets available to one and all well in advance.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Quite agree CP.
Segregation is ugly and unnecessary.
We have a great sport and in spite of the somewhat pessimistic and even paranoid comments above it would be a very sad day for RL if we ever had to go that way.
If there is a problem then the League and Warrington, or any other club, needs to address it. Remove the troublemakers, not the free mixing of fans.
Stevethegas
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:Rugby League fans complaining about non segregation is a step too far. How many years, decades did we happily stand next to opposing fans and you do so at some away grounds still. Over reaction.

Many Wiganers have bought their tickets from Wire anyhow and maybe Wigan RLFC could learn from Wire. No extra charges and tickets available to one and all well in advance.
while in the main i agree with you CP - Wire is a different story - I have watched Wigan for over 40 years and i have always known Wire to what we would call trouble makers - do not ask me why beacause i cannot answer - all i can say is - i bet there will be little or no trouble in the ground but just wait till after and especially any stragglers going to the train station
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

OAMJS wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Rugby League fans complaining about non segregation is a step too far. How many years, decades did we happily stand next to opposing fans and you do so at some away grounds still. Over reaction.

while in the main i agree with you CP - Wire is a different story - I have watched Wigan for over 40 years and i have always known Wire to what we would call trouble makers - do not ask me why beacause i cannot answer - all i can say is - i bet there will be little or no trouble in the ground but just wait till after and especially any stragglers going to the train station
Well i will be catching the train and will be ready for any idiots - dont get me wrong i dont go looking for trouble but i wont stand for any crap. Come on the warriors
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OAM if there was to be any trouble, it will be outside the ground therefore rendering the complaints about ticket allocation pointless. We have both been and stood at Wilderspool amongst far rougher Wire fans so I still think people are going OTT.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Warrington away is defferent from an other, i remeberer wilderspool in the 70's and they were throwing bricks into our end, then as we ran they were waiting for us.

Last season i took my son and stood near a warrington fan in the wigan end, who just shouted "w**kers" everytime we got the ball. After asking him to stop in front of my son, his mate started to get threatening to us. The stewards just laughed and we had to move away. Now thats me with my son so imagine a beer filled teenager...

then again if my son weren't there i'd have have chinned him myself.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Leyther Pie wrote:
OAMJS wrote:

Well i will be catching the train and will be ready for any idiots - dont get me wrong i dont go looking for trouble but i wont stand for any crap. Come on the warriors
Well il be getting the train along wi 2 nice guys fae N Ireland :D so see you there big yin :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

mark webster?

Post by mark webster? »

Aye I'll be getting the train too. Always a few idiots that follow you there after the game just lookin' for a fight.

I also have the same view as Leyther Pie, I'm not standing for any bother. But let's give it em where it hurts, on the scoreboard!!!!!!
Can't whack a good pint.