Pedantic Scrums

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Pedantic Scrums

Post by cpwigan »

The NRL tried to introduce this in 2009 and quickly the fans and media told them how stupid it was. Why then have the RFL tried to do the same thing in 2010. We just want the game restarted ASAP. A reformed scrum is wasting time.
gpartin

Re: Pedantic Scrums

Post by gpartin »

Totally agree at its one of those that refs could do at every scrum if the were that way inclined. Its one of those which are technically right but totally pointless.

One thing that really gets my goat is when you get penalised for being offside at the kick off, you know the refs got it in for you when one of those gets given. Made a point of watching Wire for it last night since Cas got done for it last week and they were offside every kick (as were we) but how dull would the game be if every one of those gopt given.

I think the refs need to go through a spell of penalising holding down more often to be honest. I hadn't noticed before but we were really holding down last night, was like watching Huddersfield with all the wrestling, great if it helps the team and its allowed but I'd rather it weren't.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Westwood had his foot up everytime, stopping us putting the ball anywhere near the middle, then when we put it behind the 2nd row he pulls it back.

Problem was when the ref was watching the scrum closely the warrington players were miles offside. As soon as we tried it, we were penalised for it. Typical one sided view.

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

gpartin wrote:Totally agree at its one of those that refs could do at every scrum if the were that way inclined. Its one of those which are technically right but totally pointless.

One thing that really gets my goat is when you get penalised for being offside at the kick off, you know the refs got it in for you when one of those gets given. Made a point of watching Wire for it last night since Cas got done for it last week and they were offside every kick (as were we) but how dull would the game be if every one of those gopt given.

I think the refs need to go through a spell of penalising holding down more often to be honest. I hadn't noticed before but we were really holding down last night, was like watching Huddersfield with all the wrestling, great if it helps the team and its allowed but I'd rather it weren't.
Wire were as bad as us for holding down, it's just that we got penalised for it a lot more.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I don't care how the scrum looks and we all expect it to be fed. I do not want a re formed scrum in any match.