Wire Idiots

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
consigliere

Re: Wire Idiots

Post by consigliere »

AND

part of this has to be dealing with our "chav" element.
Years ago when people were getting a bit out of line they were told to behave by their own fans.
how many times did you used to hear "hey, we are Rugby League fans, behave yourself" at the game?
THAT seems to have gone.
The majority seem to bury their heads, probably for fear of the scroats starting back at them.

Well if we want to improve things we need to be telling these idiots to pack it in.

We have banned people from our coaches in the past when they have stepped over the line that is acceptable.
We all need to "reclaim" the terraces back to what it used to be like.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the terraces are fairly safe Consig, probably safer than the streets. The problems seemed to be post match and because there was a public house close to the ground and in the route they needed to take to get to the station.

I think there are different types of drinking establishments and from what little I know of you, the quality of what you drink and the surrounding / hospitality are important. For far too many they now seem not to be. I felt Wigan Lane was actually as symbolic as Central Park in the old days with fans enjoying a quality beer in pleasant surroundings etc At the opposite end of the scale I would not recommend anybody spend a night in Wigan town centre because there are simply too many scrotes.

At the Rugby I will never understand why fans buy beer that by all accounts tastes incredibly naff and you have to drink out of a plastic cup. You then spend the majority of match asking people to get up from their seat whilst you either go to purchase another pint of cat urine or go to the toilet ultimately seeing a fraction of the match. The fan who got beer thrown all over them, that cannot be right and I have some sympathy with the view that drink should be consumed on the concourse.

My point still stands alcohol costs this country a fortune in the problems it creates in terms of crime (violence) and health issues. As a nation the majority and IMO it has become the majority cannot drink responsibly.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I'm over the moon they banned smoking from stadia... just wish cigs are more lethal to stop it altogether.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

It might well be your view.
But its is simply wrong.

The minority is not tiny but it is still a minority none the less.

Your right about King St. Its a horrible place to be.

BUT

all over the place are pubs that cater for decent people who just go and enjoy themselves without any trouble what so ever. The majority!

www.directeta.com

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I don't have a problem with drinking at matches most people can handle it. It's just the odd youth with their friends that make a scene, from what I saw on saturday and most other away games. The sale of alcohol brings in great revenue for clubs of all sports there isnt a problem. The problem on saturday was the public houses on the way to the train station it seemed - people drinking outside etc, then it is the sole responsibility of the landlord... it just so happens that rugby fans are there at that moment being the customer. Any other night those pubs would be half full of young lads/girls before a night out or old chaps talking about horses at kempton and thirsk.

Even though there were bad scenes, it wasn't as bad as Wire v Hull FC last year I think, many arrests.

Fortunately as our club supporters go, we have no major problem, just excitable teens in a minority.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:I was in the pub and saw an attratcive Wire fan! :o

Bloody Trotski scared him off!! :(
Listen Half pint i txt you to say id seen him on the Market Stall in Morecambe on sunday afternoon, :lol: He's got your number :wink:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote: The fan who got beer thrown all over them, that cannot be right and I have some sympathy with the view that drink should be consumed on the concourse.
At least it wasn't a scorching hot cup of coffee eh? I have on (very rare) occassion lost control of my pint when celebrating a try. Usually I am the victim and if I am not I try to apologise as best I can. But lets face it, beer is not the issue here, it is open containers of liquid or any type. Shall we ban cups of tea - they could actually cause a pretty bad injury if thrown, moreso than beer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike wrote:
cpwigan wrote: The fan who got beer thrown all over them, that cannot be right and I have some sympathy with the view that drink should be consumed on the concourse.
At least it wasn't a scorching hot cup of coffee eh? I have on (very rare) occassion lost control of my pint when celebrating a try. Usually I am the victim and if I am not I try to apologise as best I can. But lets face it, beer is not the issue here, it is open containers of liquid or any type. Shall we ban cups of tea - they could actually cause a pretty bad injury if thrown, moreso than beer.
Hence why I used the word drink and said I had some sympathy with the idea (not in total agreement) but would argue that all drinks not contained with a sealed container should be drank on the concourse.

Nobody will ever come up with a reasonable answer why people go to the rugby to watch a game of rugby yet happily waste money on cats urine (I have never found a fan yet that says the DW pint is a good one) and then spend much of the match in the toilets. You will then get the very same fans complain about ticket prices.

Again nobody can deny that alcohol costs this nation far too much with regards to crime (violence) and health. We have on our doorstep the alcohol cesspit of Britain, Blackpool which exemplifies the destructiveness of alcohol.

British people cannot drink alcohol sensibly
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

O come on Mike get real,the hot liquids are normally consummed at half time out of flasks.
The problem is with ale,in flexable containers ie plastic
mugs.
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

I think you mean some british people can't behave when they are drinking.
I don't know if you ever go out to pubs or if the behaviour of a well publicised minority have put you off, but you are so far off the mark its laughable.

You can't brand an entire nation like that.

Come on lets try to be real.

All thats needed is a few police men actually doing what they are supposed to be doing. Upholding law and ORDER.
had there been just a handful of plod around likely as not this would not of happened.
www.directeta.com