Outstanding - A perfect Half??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
weststand-rich

Outstanding - A perfect Half??

Post by weststand-rich »

Brilliant score from Wigan at 58 - 0. Absolutely clinically ruthless.

Was the first half a perfect Half? No penalties, no errors producing a scrum, 100% completion rate??

I am a happy chappy
:D
THE 18th Man

Re: Outstanding - A perfect Half??

Post by THE 18th Man »

the best half i have ever seen us do. well done Madge and co
botica

Post by botica »

Got to agree, Ben looked almost bored to be honest...

Won't do our points difference any harm and we approach quite a hard run of games now..
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

weststand-rich wrote:
Was the first half a perfect Half? No penalties, no errors producing a scrum, 100% completion rate??
Depends if you consider Carmont getting tackled into touch an error. I don't given the way it happened so I'd go with the 100%.

Dave
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

weststand-rich wrote:Brilliant score from Wigan at 58 - 0. Absolutely clinically ruthless.

I am a happy chappy
:D
I would go further and say I am a Happy Clappy Chappy!

Records need to be checked perhaps, but in the first half, Wigan had no handling errors, never knocked on and never conceded a penalty!

Is this a first!!??
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

Only one penalty against us for the whole of the game.

Expect Mr Thaler to be refereeing in the Championship next week. :sly:
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

As I woke this morning I was thinking, 'i must put a thread on about about how good that first half was' Rich - you read my mind

on the was home, chatting with my mate and Dad, we were saying that we were so good it was boring. Not that I'm complaining!!!!!

I know Richards was outsatnding but can I put in a word for Coley. Thought he had a massive game.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

I know you can only play whats in front of you and yes we were excellent BUT...

How awful are the Dragons at the minute?
They just didn't seem to have anything to offer at all.
Whenever they played in the past you expected and got a physical very hard game.
There was no heart it seemed.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

consigliere wrote:I know you can only play whats in front of you and yes we were excellent BUT...

How awful are the Dragons at the minute?
They just didn't seem to have anything to offer at all.
Whenever they played in the past you expected and got a physical very hard game.
There was no heart it seemed.
I thought they were fairly tough down the middle, but their edge defence was woeful.

After Paddys first try everything seemed to be targeted down that left hand channel.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

The Dragons were very similar last season with a woeful start. Maybe it is down to poor preparation or training. One things for sure, they are a completely different team without Thomas Bosc.

As for the first half, this was noted by all around me how well their completion rate had been and how well disciplined overall the team had been throughout.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!