Ainsy bags three on his debut for Cas

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Ainsy bags three on his debut for Cas

Post by cpwigan »

If we were playing St Helens and a similar kick came in I would expect any winger from Wigan RLFC to put their body / foot in such a position that if the Saints player wanted to dive for the ball he would (not deliberately) but simply by his own actions be chewing leather, turf/mud. Billy Slater even deliberately put his boot in until it was outlawed.

I always remember tales of Punchy Griffiths in that he would put everything on the line to stop a try, so much so that on one occasion he ended up literally flying over a winger and crashing full on / head on into the perimeter wall.

Body on the line. You can make it impossible for anybody to get to the ball, even if you cannot get it. What was it John Monie used to say unless your leg has been amputated I want you back in that defensive line. Shaun Edwards personified that ruthless desire to prevent a try / not lose.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:I think he shold have been sweeping Geoff and literally kicked the head off anybody trying to get to the ball.
When I'Anson is about to kick, Ainsy has to be covering his wing until he sees where the kick is going - he's just about the furthest defenderer from the ball as the kick goes in but still does better than 12 other Cas players. I really don't see how he can be faulted in any way.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:I think he shold have been sweeping Geoff and literally kicked the head off anybody trying to get to the ball.
He'd be better off at Wire doing that.