superleague shows

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: superleague shows

Post by gpartin »

You might well be right exile. She could well have someone giving her information but rugby league and horse racing are her favourite sports so you'll probably find she just does her research because she enjoys it (which could involve her being guided as to what to say at times?) If this is the case I would really struggle to know who is guiding her because as you touch on in your post the bbc aren't known for their knowledge of league. Its good that a recognised presenter on the beeb is into rugby at all.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Panchitta Marra

Re: superleague shows

Post by Panchitta Marra »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Perhaps ill informed was a little harsh, but I do think she has had her comments fed to her by A. N. other. They don't seem to be coming from a knowledge base of the game, however she is far better than a lot of the yawnion fans they sometimes get to present, because some high up in the Beeb thinks all rugby is the same.
I think most commentators are fed information to some extent in most sports. Very few are so knowledgable.
With Balding, this comes accross pretty good to me in the limited games I have seen her cover.

There have been many occasions where certain people, even ex-League players, were put to commentate to highlight the negativity of the game.
This is what gets my hump up with the BBC, plus on the news it is always the worst most error riden tries that are shown on the BBC after the game.