Squad for friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Squad for friday

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=5558

Wigan Warriors Squad: Phelps, Roberts, Gleeson, Richards, S. Tomkins, Leuluai, Fielden, Riddell, Coley, Hansen, J. Tomkins, O'Loughlin, Prescott, Bailey, Paleaaesina, Deacon, O'Carroll, Mossop, Goulding.
josie andrews

Re: Squad for friday

Post by josie andrews »

Why name Feka in the starting 19 when he has clearly been dropped?

Is it just in case??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think players have to be in the 19 just in case somebody pulls up injured. Otherwise, they cannot be selected IIRC
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I thought from injury you can call someone from outside your named squad im sure this was done before by agent millward
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Any idea on how long George is out for?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I thought from injury you can call someone from outside your named squad im sure this was done before by agent millward
You can, but Feka will be out on the pitch warming up with the 17 before Fridays game. If any of the forwards pull up during the warm up then Feka can come into the 17.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Don Kiddick

Post by Don Kiddick »

I would go for Pryce in the centre spot instead of Carmont but looks like that position will be filled by Goulding who I don't have much confidence in but MaGuire is the coach.

1- Phelps
2- Roberts
3- Gleeson
4- Pryce
5- Richards
6- Tomkins
7- Deacon
8- Fielden
9- Riddell
10- Coley
11- Hansen
12- Tomkins
13- O'Loughlin
14- Mossop
15- O'Carroll
16- Palea'aesina
17- Lealuai

The player who makes the smallest impact on the game in Riddell, Leuluai and Deacon makes way for McIllorum next week.

If Palea'aesina doesn't shape up Prescott to come in next week.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Don Kiddick wrote:I would go for Pryce in the centre spot instead of Carmont but looks like that position will be filled by Goulding who I don't have much confidence in but MaGuire is the coach.

1- Phelps
2- Roberts
3- Gleeson
4- Pryce
5- Richards
6- Tomkins
7- Deacon
8- Fielden
9- Riddell
10- Coley
11- Hansen
12- Tomkins
13- O'Loughlin
14- Mossop
15- O'Carroll
16- Palea'aesina
17- Lealuai

The player who makes the smallest impact on the game in Riddell, Leuluai and Deacon makes way for McIllorum next week.

And you have confidence in Pyce?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

I think MM's idea of stripping all 19 is a very good one. Not only does he have a player all ready warmed up should any injury's happen in the pre match routine he can also judge the mental attitude of some out who may have been dropped (ie. Feka)or just missed the 17 (under 20 younster) .

If Feka is in the back of the dug-out during the match playing every ball in his head and ready to "kill" the fisrt person that says a wrong word to him EXCELLENT , ready for next week . Sits and sulks "bye bye" .A young lad in the 19 should be saying to himself I want a bit more of this
2002 and EW is hooked
Mr Sergent

Post by Mr Sergent »

Don Kiddick wrote:I would go for Pryce in the centre spot instead of Carmont but looks like that position will be filled by Goulding who I don't have much confidence in but MaGuire is the coach.

1- Phelps
2- Roberts
3- Gleeson
4- Pryce
5- Richards
6- Tomkins
7- Deacon
8- Fielden
9- Riddell
10- Coley
11- Hansen
12- Tomkins
13- O'Loughlin
14- Mossop
15- O'Carroll
16- Palea'aesina
17- Lealuai

I have just almost choked on my coffee. You would rather Pryce start? am I still asleep? I would rather my mate Mike play than Pryce. In fact I would rather I play than Pryce. AND Leuluai should fear for his place because he makes the 'smallest impact'? dear me, thats your opinion and all but........deary me.