Will be an interesting RFL decision

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Will be an interesting RFL decision

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Jeremy Smith & Andy Raleigh facing RFL bans

New Zealand international Smith signed for Salford from South Sydney
Huddersfield's Andy Raleigh and Salford City Reds' Jeremy Smith face suspension after being referred to Tuesday's Rugby Football League disciplinary hearing.

Smith has been charged with a Grade C offence after using his forearm on Harlequins scrum-half Danny Orr in Sunday's 26-22 win at The Stoop.

He faces a suspension of between two or three games if found guilty.

Will be interesting to see the RFL's decision on this after Mr Carvell was cleared of a similar offence upon his appeal.
I wonder if Shaun McRae will accompany Smith to the hearing.

KOOCH

Re: Will be an interesting RFL decision

Post by KOOCH »

Panchitta Marra wrote: Jeremy Smith & Andy Raleigh facing RFL bans

Huddersfield's Andy Raleigh and Salford City Reds' Jeremy Smith face suspension after being referred to Tuesday's Rugby Football League disciplinary hearing.

Smith has been charged with a Grade C offence after using his forearm on Harlequins scrum-half Danny Orr in Sunday's 26-22 win at The Stoop.

Will be interesting to see the RFL's decision on this after Mr Carvell was cleared of a similar offence upon his appeal.
Panchitta Marra wrote: Jeremy Smith & Andy Raleigh facing RFL bans

Panchitta Marra wrote:Jeremy Smith & Andy Raleigh facing RFL bans

I wonder if Shaun McRae will accompany Smith to the hearing. /---/The difference Panchitta is that neither are going to be represented by an ex England coach ie T Smith. It seems that the likes of Morley,Westwood,and Carvell could commit an axe murder and still be exempt from punishment.One rule for them and one rule for the rest of us.Call me a cynical old Ba**ar* but I'm not far from the truth!
:D
Panchitta Marra

Re: Will be an interesting RFL decision

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Salford's Jeremy Smith given two-match ban

Salford City Reds scrum-half Jeremy Smith has been given a two-match suspension and fined £300 by a Rugby Football League disciplinary committee.

Smith pleaded guilty to striking Harlequins scrum-half Danny Orr with his forearm during Sunday's game at Twickenham Stoop.

He will miss Sunday's trip to Wakefield and Salford's home clash with Hull FC.

Similar to Carvell, but as yet no appeal from Smith, and doesnt look like he will.
Is this justice by the RFL ??