Pat Richards eyes career in NFL

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/f ... 5839817980

PAT RICHARDS' whooping right boot could be the former Tiger's passport to NFL fame.

The 2005 Wests premiership hero will travel to the US when his contract with Super League team the Wigan Warriors expires, in a bid to become rugby league's first gridiron star.

Richards, who famously kicked a drop-out 91m while playing for Ireland in the rugby league World Cup, will go to the home of the brave looking to carve out a career as an NFL punter.

"It is something he has thought about for a long time," said Richards' manager David Riolo.

"We haven't had any approaches from the NFL yet but I have no doubt he would make it over there.

"He is a while off going over, but we will take him to the US at some point and put him in one of the NFL camps.

WIGAN TILL I DIE

gpartin

Re: Pat Richards eyes career in NFL

Post by gpartin »

That would be so easy for him.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Is this just Agent talk or is he serious?

EDIT, look at who worte the article, a certain James Phelps, recently returned from a trip to the UK to visit his rugby league playing brother!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Am I wrong in thinking that the goal kicker in NFL only comes on to the pitch for conversions??
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jaws1 wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that the goal kicker in NFL only comes on to the pitch for conversions??
Pretty much, yes they do, although some also do kickoffs.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I'd hazard this is agent BS - talking up his client's worth before contract negotiations start.

It would depend if Paddy wanted to up sticks and trail his family around again. It took him a good while to settle in Wigan.

georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

NFL!! What a desperate way to have to earn a crust. All the male bovine excrement in the world cannot disguise what a boring game it is. Typical American - all hype and very little substance imo.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Yes but what a crust!!!!thousands of $'s per year. :happ:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I love American Football but admittedly it goes on far too long for outsiders to get into it. I am a member of a torrent site called tenyardtorrents and it has what they call 'Shortcuts' where it shows every play of the game without any breaks between plays. Its over and done with in about 25 minutes but you realise watching it how much you miss out on the excitement of a close finish. Anyone who is into NFL (i know ANL is for example) will know that when it gets into the final quarter the way the time-outs are used can be massively important and the tension created, in part by the stop start nature of the game can be fantastic at times. If your team is winning and there's 30 seconds on the clock you want the clock to run down as fast as possible but the fact that it doesn't can make for a great watch. I don't expect to convert anyone to the sport, you either get it or you don't.

Pat Richards would potentially be hot property in the NFL and make a fortune for doing very little.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Jake

Post by Jake »

white elephant wrote: Pat Richards eyes career in NFL

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/f ... 5839817980

PAT RICHARDS' whooping right boot could be the former Tiger's passport to NFL fame.

The 2005 Wests premiership hero will travel to the US when his contract with Super League team the Wigan Warriors expires, in a bid to become rugby league's first gridiron star.

Richards, who famously kicked a drop-out 91m while playing for Ireland in the rugby league World Cup, will go to the home of the brave looking to carve out a career as an NFL punter.

"It is something he has thought about for a long time," said Richards' manager David Riolo.

"We haven't had any approaches from the NFL yet but I have no doubt he would make it over there.

"He is a while off going over, but we will take him to the US at some point and put him in one of the NFL camps.
Just his manager trying to up the price for his services, if he keeps playing the way he is he won't need to churn out all this b******t