Feka to crusaders????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Feka to crusaders????

Post by GeoffN »

warrior1973 wrote:Well he played against Cas for the under 20s today and didnt show any improvements......yet neither did Pryce who would be more help to the club bringing oranges on at half time!!!!!
I missed most of the reserves game, but was told we won 36-16.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Think the fans are turning him into this years Fielden. He was criticised for being overweight last season. The guy has put the hard work in and lost loads. Get off his back and hope he gets some form going
warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

Yeah i think that was about the score Geoff. Feka's effort was there but he didnt get much game time cause he seemed to burn himeself out. Pryce just seemed like he wasnt interested and when he did get the ball looked like he wouldnt even trouble the kids that played at halftime!!!. The rest of the backs looked really impressive and showed some real urgencey yet Pryce looked like he didnt fit in!!!!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

warrior1973 wrote:Yeah i think that was about the score Geoff. Feka's effort was there but he didnt get much game time cause he seemed to burn himeself out. Pryce just seemed like he wasnt interested and when he did get the ball looked like he wouldnt even trouble the kids that played at halftime!!!. The rest of the backs looked really impressive and showed some real urgencey yet Pryce looked like he didnt fit in!!!!
I'm wondering if Pryce is trying to work a way of getting an early release from his contract, but then again,who else would have him (based on form).
Can't see even Nobby taking him on.
Feka,as a fans favourite, it would be a shame to see him go, but you have to be realistic, can we afford a 10 minute prop?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

FROM A TO B wrote:
warrior1973 wrote:Yeah i think that was about the score Geoff. Feka's effort was there but he didnt get much game time cause he seemed to burn himeself out. Pryce just seemed like he wasnt interested and when he did get the ball looked like he wouldnt even trouble the kids that played at halftime!!!. The rest of the backs looked really impressive and showed some real urgencey yet Pryce looked like he didnt fit in!!!!
I'm wondering if Pryce is trying to work a way of getting an early release from his contract, but then again,who else would have him (based on form).
Can't see even Nobby taking him on.
Feka,as a fans favourite, it would be a shame to see him go, but you have to be realistic, can we afford a 10 minute prop?
Yeah tend to agree with you Feka. To be honest you have to feel sorry for him cause he's a bloody nice fellow aswell. I just dont think he fits into McGuires plans on how he wants and is getting wigan to play. You look at every player and they're trying to get a quick play the ball everytime so they can spin the ball out wide quicker. If Nobbies team got a quick play the ball he would have another forward gaining momentum down the midde so Feka was more affective.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Feka scored a try in the first half, but took a bad knock on the knee has to have it assessed tomorrow as did Macca.

Pryce also scored a try but he is never interested & seems to be scared of getting tackled, towards the end he had the opportunity on the left wing to run the ball towards the try line, but decided to throw the ball
willy nilly to nobody rather than carry on running & possibly score or eventually take the tackle near it.

Apologies to willy :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fujiman wrote:Think the fans are turning him into this years Fielden. He was criticised for being overweight last season. The guy has put the hard work in and lost loads. Get off his back and hope he gets some form going
Too right Fujiman.
We have a winning squad here, so what's there to complain about.
Lets leave the bloke alone to continue with the hard work he has put in so far.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Feka is an impact prop,trying to turn him into a work horse has not worked.MM has done a tremendous job in getting the players fitter than they have ever been but in Fekas case it has not worked.He was very effective last season even in short spells but i dont think MM rates him so he will probably have to go which is a pity as i would still prefer to keep him and let Prescott or Fielden go.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

pryce can be a good player but his confidence is completely shattered and he needs to go on loan to a national league club to get it back not playing in under 20s. in feka i just dont think we use him right. if your 10 metres from try line and you pass it him on a full on run then with his size you aint going stop him which we dont use him for.
IN WANE WE TRUST
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

old hooker wrote:Feka is an impact prop,trying to turn him into a work horse has not worked.MM has done a tremendous job in getting the players fitter than they have ever been but in Fekas case it has not worked.He was very effective last season even in short spells but i dont think MM rates him so he will probably have to go which is a pity as i would still prefer to keep him and let Prescott or Fielden go.
Iam sorry but you cannot seriously consider letting either of these players go and keep Feka!! Do you honestly think the team will be better with a Feka, a player who is suspect on defence, lazy and basically a one trick pony who has been sussed by every team in super league. MM I think has concluded that he is not good enough and therefore will remain a bit part player until we can offload him! [/u]