kicking game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

kicking game

Post by ian b »

As well as Wigan are playing i think their kicking game is pretty poor.Sam is a fantastic half back but his kicking is very bad at times and the same goes for Tommy and Riddell. When you see the likes of Brough and long they are much better.I know we have Deacon and i would play him Friday cos of his ability to turn the defence with his kicking ability. Just wondered what other people thought.
cpwigan

Re: kicking game

Post by cpwigan »

I think Sam's kicking game is constantly improving personally and Riddell did some excellent kicks last night. The back 3 in every team are getting better and better at positioning themselves for kicks. Last night Amos, Pat and Goulding fielded umpteen kicks on the full.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

ian b wrote:As well as Wigan are playing i think their kicking game is pretty poor.Sam is a fantastic half back but his kicking is very bad at times and the same goes for Tommy and Riddell. When you see the likes of Brough and long they are much better.I know we have Deacon and i would play him Friday cos of his ability to turn the defence with his kicking ability. Just wondered what other people thought.
I agree. Sam Tomkins and Leuluai have always had a fairly poor kicking game in my opinion and did some very poor kicks last night. Riddell, from memory, had a decent kicking game had Parramatta and does put in some good kicks but he is in no way consistent enough and he too did some bad ones last night. In a close game where you are on the rack a good kick can make all the difference and a good kicker can turn the game on its head. Unfortunately I think it is something that we lack and it could cost us in the closer games.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think it's something that definitely needs looking at this week.

However, we were kicking to Web/Hall and the young lad Bush and their positional placings were excellent throughout the game.

The smellys haven't got Whelans next week and I think this will give us a decided edge.