Three Man Consortium

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Three Man Consortium

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( I was listening to one of the radio station that have sporting discussions all night, can't remember which one, GMR, Century, Talk Sport ?
But they where discussing Premiership football grounds, and on reason was give against ground share, was that SKY liked to dictate match days and times of kick off, which can prove difficult if more than one team plays at the same ground, the other was quality of the playing surface, i think they said this was a EUAFA ruling or somate.

IMO I still think we could be on the move !!

:angry:
That's fair enough, except... we've been playing Friday nights for a few years now. Sky do not show premiership soccer on a Friday night because the main slot (unless things have changed in the last 3 years since I lost access to Sky) is for Superleague. No conflict there, as far as I can see.

On top of that, which sport seems to do the most damage to the pitches, soccer or RL? From what I see at the JJB at the start of the SL season (ie when soccer has been the main sport for months) and the end of the SL season (when RL has been the main sport for months) then the pitch doesn't exactly suffer from having rugby played on it.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mario

Re: Three Man Consortium

Post by mario »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Man U & Man C are all closer to Wigan than Leeds, Sunderland & West Ham. Possibly with Blackburn excluded, they will all bring more support to the JJB
Being closer does'nt mean they have more away support! Man U obviously did'nt take it to Blackburn because it would'nt have been 6000 short of a sell out.