Moss shows the Wigan spirit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Moss shows the Wigan spirit

Post by cpwigan »

In days of old the call was always get back in the line no matter what, typified by Edwards. Lee Mossop exemplified that today for me. The Wigan Way / the Wigan Spirit
superleague

Re: Moss shows the Wigan spirit

Post by superleague »

he was still seeing stars and was first in for the next tackle lol
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Just eluded to the same thing on the Fekka thread. The most vital thing his the TEAM spirit, the togetherness that the hard work brings, it makes you get up when your body says "No!" it gets you to make a tackle that you should not make. We should utilize this Wigan Way make it a part of what's needed to put the shirt on. Mossop was a fine example of it today.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I know it was bad when he tried to get up but I just thought 'thank god i enjoy rugby league for moments like this' because I knew he would get straight back up and continue on. I thought the same about Prescott taking one for the cause and even Carmont holding onto the ball after a horrific landing. We are tough men. I remember Dave Allen I think (i may be wrong, may be Beswick) in the 25,004 game he was nearly knocked out but he got straight back up, didnt know where he was and got in line after about 3 sets of tackles he thought he was in Disneyland Tokyo
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Mossop is one tough lad to play on after that clash of heads. You could tell that he was all over the place but he still stayed on and ran in to make the next tackle. Unbelievable effort from him, and all the 17, today.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If you listen to the interview with Mossop after he signed his five year deal he says MM tild him he was not happy about his defence after the Wire game with him dropping off tackles and so he worked on it.

I don't think MM will have any complaints about his defensive efforts today!

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes, another magnificent effort from a prop well done Mozza :eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike588

Post by Mike588 »

He was fearsome today. Both carrying and tackling. Him and Tomkins have got to be the best two young forwards playing in super league
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike588 wrote:He was fearsome today. Both carrying and tackling. Him and Tomkins have got to be the best two young forwards playing in super league
Tomkins has been awesome for us all season so far. I thought he did great when deputising for Lockers when he was injured and the quality was there to see. He's gone up several levels since then and IMO has been our best back row forward.

He has certainly taken to the new regime and I just get the impression he is another player who has benefited immensely from the changes in coaching staff.

Dave
BriH

Post by BriH »

Ah, but Mozza is from Marra Country - we make 'em hard!