Get rid of scrums my ....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Get rid of scrums my ....

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:The best coaches listen to and give the players an opportunity to contribute. Monie did so and would let Greg / Edwards work their own ideas out and if they were good he would use them. Mnie learned from Jack gibson. Gibson was the master coach and he asked a young U23's coach if he could use his set plays with the first team. The young coach was Monie.

Madge is cut from the same cloth. We are so lucky that IL saw sense and appointed Madge.
Not just Madge, I suspect - Rads made a similar point in his book, and I can see an awful lot of Rads and Waney in this team "ethos" (podcast word of the month).

On that same move, how fast is Lockers? Didn't know he could sprint that quick!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Stevo was wrong BTW on TV. He was talking about the old rules I.E scrums. I think it was changed 2 seasons ago. Says more about him than anything else.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dobby wrote:That was fantastic and led to the first try. Teams should definately try it more often because it does work.
Apologies Dobby, It was 'Feka's scrum' that eventually led to the first try :blush:

Think I was still a wee bit drunk on the euphoria of the day. :craz:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:Stevo was wrong BTW on TV. He was talking about the old rules I.E scrums. I think it was changed 2 seasons ago. Says more about him than anything else.
You can hear the ref saying play on