Referee's

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Referee's

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I have noticed something over the last couple of years and it grinds me everytime it happens.

If one team get a run of penalties, normally through genuine foul play from the other team e.g offsides, hand in etc. The ref's seem to think they have to even up the penalty count by giving easy penalties to a team that may not be doing anything out of the norm e.g Not played correctly, moving off the mark, grapple.

It bugs me because like when we played stains and we had that run of penalties i knew that at some point the ref would do the same to us. Whether they were justified or not it was a guarentee it would happen.

To which end are the referee's really doing their job well or just making sure at the end of the game the penalty count is about level so no coach can blame the ref
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Re: Referee's

Post by cpwigan »

I think referees also subconciously give teams getting beaten easily a few easy penalties and try to ignore what they are doing.

BTW Not sure if anybody else realised Rob Jones was the in goal TJ in the recent Saints v Huddersfield match. Not keen on St Helens officials officiating Saints games lol