Salford Tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Salford Tickets

Post by cpwigan »

Just a question? Can you buy tickets for the family stand at Salford?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

adiddy wrote:This seemingly senseless rule of no concessions on the day has cost salford over one hundred pounds, as I wont know until the day whether my son, who hasnt missed a match yet, would be able to go....and he himself who is 10yrs old told me he thinks its a rip off! So we're not going out of principle! Also if I went to a greasy spoon cafe, I wouldnt expect to pay Ritz prices!!!

Matt
I think they made a wrong announcement re concessions. Concessions will be available, what they are referring to is the free away junior tickets that the youngsters get. They have to be picked up at Wigan prior to the game.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

You may well be right!! Official site says kids can hand over the voucher on the day....will phone Salford to get the official line!

I still stand by the second part of the arguement though!

Matt
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

only ADULT cash turnstiles on Sunday

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 662&type=1
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

What is it like generally to visit Salford? Have heard it can get a bit lairy, was hoping to go on Sunday, but as I go on my own and have a sight problem, don't want to get any hassle.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

exile in Tiger country wrote:What is it like generally to visit Salford? Have heard it can get a bit lairy, was hoping to go on Sunday, but as I go on my own and have a sight problem, don't want to get any hassle.
Inside the ground is usually fine, from my experience, it's the local area that's pretty rough, not the Salford fans.

BTW ever thought of becoming a referee?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

It had crossed my mind, "What? I didn't see it. Play on!" :D
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

exile in Tiger country wrote:What is it like generally to visit Salford? Have heard it can get a bit lairy, was hoping to go on Sunday, but as I go on my own and have a sight problem, don't want to get any hassle.
Always fine in my experience. Pay to park somewhere as it is the only issue IMO but the club have a parking area and there another couple of paying car parks nearby. There are so few Salford fans and they all group together in the Shed. The Wigan fans sometimes outnumber them and mainly stand together in the one stand. I quite like going personally.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Salford have now, for the last couple of years, provided a safe car park at the side of the ground, you can get straight onto the ground through turnstiles that are in the corner between their posh stand (family stand I think it is called) & the away stand behind the sticks.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

anyone got directions to this car park, taking kids you see so dont want them getting worried.