Pitch sharing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Pitch sharing

Post by jaws1 »

We may no longer will be allowed to play at the DW if the football league gets its way at the Summer conference.Wigan warriors and Hull might find themselves groundless
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... attle.html
trotski_tgwu

Re: Pitch sharing

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Think your reading to much into this, did dave wheelen not hand over the stadium for both warriors and latics to share? I think if it went to a legal challenge the FA would not win. Think its about time they were put in there place over who ruins the pitch as its not Warriors.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Well neither footbal team may not be affected. Hull down at present Wigan only out the drop zone by 4 points and hull has a game in hand, Both living on their nerves,
jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the JJB/DW has to be used by both clubs as that was how they got the funding originally. I have to say the new pitch looked poor in places yesterday oddly they were places that footballer crowd into like the 6 yard box. Go figure.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

As I understood it the planning permission for the stadium depended on it being dual sharing or the permission wouldn't have been granted. I also believe that that stood for a period of 50yrs.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised what Dave ******* Whelan would try and get away with!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

trotski_tgwu wrote:Think your reading to much into this, did dave wheelen not hand over the stadium for both warriors and latics to share? I think if it went to a legal challenge the FA would not win. Think its about time they were put in there place over who ruins the pitch as its not Warriors.
The Stadium now belongs to Wigan Athletic. IL mentioned it at the shareholders meeting.However Wigan RL have a long lease at the Stadium.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The stadium was only given planning permission and funding if it was to be a dual sport stadium for Wigan Athletic and Wigan Warriors.

If the football league did manage to stop ground sharing the rule can not be applied retrospectively so any current deals regarding ground sharing would still stand.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be honest if Whelan gave us 15-20 million to move out I for one would welcome it. Sick and tired of the football fraternity whining and I somehow think Whelan made some mistakes when the stadia was first built that make the pitch as bad as it is.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

cpwigan wrote:To be honest if Whelan gave us 15-20 million to move out I for one would welcome it. Sick and tired of the football fraternity whining and I somehow think Whelan made some mistakes when the stadia was first built that make the pitch as bad as it is.
He built it on the cheap probably, any corner that can be cut Whelan will cut.

The Latics can't complain too much Warriors had only played on the new pitch once up until Monday and it was a right state before the match clearly where the footballers had been diving...I mean running.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Simplest solution is for the FA to relegate the Lactics, that way everyone's happy.