Alan Beswick

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
botica

Re: Alan Beswick

Post by botica »

Sent in my complaint too. What a cheek eh?
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Sent... complete turd
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

south_stander

Post by south_stander »

I've complained too
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Pardon my complete ignorance but who is this clown. A radio presenter???
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Radio Manchester KS
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I always remember as a teenager that Beswick had this very late night radio programme whereby he used to abuse (deliberately) callers who rang in. He then went to the BBC it seems but he still puts his foot in it big time. I think he had to issue a public apology for comments he made about an ex Manchester City player that had died.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

cpwigan wrote:I always remember as a teenager that Beswick had this very late night radio programme whereby he used to abuse (deliberately) callers who rang in. He then went to the BBC it seems but he still puts his foot in it big time. I think he had to issue a public apology for comments he made about an ex Manchester City player that had died.
It was Alan Ball. He's a bit of a tool what do you expect from a Wire fan who lives in Leigh :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Pardon my complete ignorance but who is this clown. A radio presenter???
Clearly said in jest and been taken a bit too literally IMO, granted I've never heard of the bloke so I have no previous against him but there was no malice in the way he said it, at worst a slightly ill judged joke
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Some people don't half go over the top and get on the band wagon, the last time i looked we live in a free country with freedom of speech, not 1942 Nazi germany
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Knowing exactly what Alan Beswick is like and what sort of comments he makes, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. From the tone of his voice, it was said almost tongue in cheek and I think meant more as a joke than anything else.
You'll all be writing to "Points of view" next :wink: :)