flag idea

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrDave

Re: flag idea

Post by MrDave »

Panchitta Marra wrote: Be careful with "Last Derby".
If we are drawn against them away in the Challenge cup, or dare say it away in the Grand Final play-offs, this will not have been the last derby at Knowlsley road.
The last Superleague Derby, OK.

I will try and source some places out in Thailand and or Vietnam that can possibly make flags.
I dont know of any as yet, but I will ask about.
Yeah that is a problem, I expect Wigan will play St Helens at Knowsley Road again. The solutions are; wait till it is impossible to have another derby, add "Last Super League Derby" or go with something like ancientnloyal design which is simple and doesn't mention the last derby.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Last Good Friday at KR?
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Great Flags the bigger the better , just let us know how much they cost .
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Long Good Friday
markill

Post by markill »

i don't like the idea behind this flag - the flags should be about wigan and our acheivements, not about saints and their failings.

the rolling years flag at OT is the worst of those and i don't want something like that in our flags
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Long Good Friday
Don't you mean "No Long Good Friday" :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

markill wrote:i don't like the idea behind this flag - the flags should be about wigan and our acheivements, not about saints and their failings.

the rolling years flag at OT is the worst of those and i don't want something like that in our flags
It is about our achievement, the most important game in recent history and WE WON!!. They didn't lose, WE WON!!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

How about History or Wigan RLFC Making History
Then the scoreline and the pic?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

How about

5/9/99 28-20
2/4/10 10.18
Read it in the history books.

Or something.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I don't think we should have a flag about just one game, however important. If we started that, we'd need hundreds!