Good movie to watch

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Good movie to watch

Post by cpwigan »

Shutter Island - Very good and one where it was so hard to predict how the plot develops.
gpartin

Re: Good movie to watch

Post by gpartin »

Watched it last night. Pretty good film thanks for the recommendation CP, my mrs guessed the main part of the twist with about 45 mins left but how she did i'll never know. In return i'll recommend 'the lovely bones'. Saw Alice in Wonderland last night and as a diehard Tim Burton fan I was a bit disappointed, the story was pretty much as in the book but some of the characters were just not weird enough which for a weird director telling a weird story is bizarre. Hurt locker up next.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

For those who havnt watched it yet.
Please guys dont give too much of the script away.
I look at all "Unread" threads, so automatically pick these up.
Cheers.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Before Friday's match I took a trip to the cinema and watched "Kick-Ass".

Must admit that I'm not a fan of comic books but do like movies based on comic books such as Batman, Iron Man and Hellboy.

Kick-Ass is completely different to anything that I've seen before in the comic book genre, nobody has any form of special superpower. It's a comic book movie for the present time even using stuff like You-Tube.

All the central characters are excellent, Nicholas Cage is really good in his role with his "Adam West" persona.

If comedy and comic violence is your sort of thing then go and see "Kick-Ass" it's no wonder that they're already talking about a sequel.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:I guessed it when Ben Kingsly refused to give Leo the list of patients in the hospital.

How it panned out i didnt guess. I didnt predict suicide tho ;)
Thank you now i need never watch it :eusa17:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
God wrote:I guessed it when Ben Kingsly refused to give Leo the list of patients in the hospital.

How it panned out i didnt guess. I didnt predict suicide tho ;)
Thank you now i need never watch it :eusa17:
:eusa17: :eusa17:
j658

Post by j658 »

He doesn't commit suicide at the end!!

Enjoyed the film, thought it was too long and the ending was a little predictable (at least some of it was!) but it did create a nice creepy atmosphere. Some beautifully directed scenes (the dachau flashbacks)

It reminded me of The Shining especially the soundtrack but IMO it fell way short. In the Shining the Overlook hotel feels like a living and breathing character but I never got that feeling with the Island and the buldings. For example Ward C & the Lighthouse were built up throughout the film and neither were very scary, certainly not compared with the ballroom at the Overlook or Room 237.

And he definately doesn't commit suicide at the end!
Bill.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No he doesn't. He goes away for treatment ;)
j658

Post by j658 »

cpwigan wrote:No he doesn't. He goes away for treatment ;)
Ha! You made it sound like a spa treatment! They take him away for a reiki massage & sauna :lol:

Seriously though, the last scene is very well done, leaves the end ambiguous for idiots like me to think about!

SPOILERS - SPOILERS - SPOILERS - Is he making a free choice at the end?? Its seemed to me more of a resignation rather than a further delusion, Leo's last line seems to back that up - HERE ENDETH THE SPOILERS!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I tried to think how I could describe it without giving it away :D