Tuson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Tuson

Post by Dobby »

I was impressed with Chris Tuson tonight and thought that he did very well. He worked hard and put himself about in a pack that was badly beaten. He was definately one of Castleford better players.
gpartin

Re: Tuson

Post by gpartin »

Me too he was very impressive.

5932 attendance at Huddersfield!!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Agreed! I thought Ainy had a pretty good game too - couldn't blame him for Dodgy's hat-trick, yet again they were exposed on the flanks with overlaps.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tuson played well. Not impressed by Ainsy. He is not getting involved enough and when he does not making hard yards. I didn't like his attempt to deal with a bomb nor his lack of decisiveness in defence. Yes, he was left in a bad position BUT the winger has to read that and try to rescue the situation. We have seen Goulding recently kill potential moves from opponents whilst dare I mention their names in such a thread, Billy B and Mick Sullivan would have crucified opposing backs with crash tackles.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Ainy was very quiet and did very little right or wrong as far as I'm concerned. Huddersfield look dangerous in attack and are very effective at creating an overlap. After absorbing so much pressure they did exceptionally well to keep Cas out.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Tuson played well. Not impressed by Ainsy. He is not getting involved enough and when he does not making hard yards. I didn't like his attempt to deal with a bomb nor his lack of decisiveness in defence. Yes, he was left in a bad position BUT the winger has to read that and try to rescue the situation. We have seen Goulding recently kill potential moves from opponents whilst dare I mention their names in such a thread, Billy B and Mick Sullivan would have crucified opposing backs with crash tackles.
CPW mentioning Ainscough in the same sentence as Boston and Sullivan is a no no. :D I think you and I agree Ainscough is vastly over rated by most of the Wigan fans. I honestly don't believe he will be at Wigan in two years.Chris Tuson was very good tonight, a superb defensive stint, but it won't be enough to get him in front of Farrell, Mossop, Joel Tomkins or Harrison Hansen in the second row. I'm afraid he's another one we may have to let go.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Apologies to the legends. I agree with your outlook. If he had a strength it was meant to be scooting but there is not even evidence of that at SL level. I would select Charnley before him if I had to put one or the other in the team v Salford this weekend.

In a way it is easy when you are the new young hopeful playing in outstanding lower grade teams but he's up with the big boys now and there are youngsters coming through making him look over his shoulder.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Tuson was voted Cas MoM by the Cas fans.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

GeoffN wrote:I thought Ainy had a pretty good game too - couldn't blame him for Dodgy's hat-trick, yet again they were exposed on the flanks with overlaps.
I dont agree with that. I cant see how he did anything to say that he had a pretty good game and was fairly annonymous. Hodgson scored a hat trick against him and whilst he was in bad positions he could have still done much better to save the situations. I think that a better winger defensively would have saved some of those tries. He was also at fault for the drop out that led to the first try.

Never mind his defence though the most disappointing thing for me was his work rate. He hardly ever seemed to scoot or try to get involved. Even when he did he barely made any yards. If you compare that to the work rate of our back 3 in the games so far then he will have to do much, much more to impress Maguire.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Ainscough was average last night and to be honest he is never going to be a top SL winger. Tuson had a fine game and is another who could go to the top.