Has Harrison made the right decision ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Has Harrison made the right decision ?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

CUP DILEMMA FOR GREENWOOD

Batley have banished winger Lee Greenwood for a week - to enable him to plot their exit from the Carnegie Challenge Cup.

The former Halifax and London Broncos player was presented with a dilemma when the fourth-round draw paired his Co-operative Championship club with amateur side Siddal.

Greenwood plays for Batley but in his spare time coaches the Calderdale team, meaning he will have a foot in both camps in Sunday's tie at the Shay.

Batley coach Karl Harrison has now decided that Greenwood, who steered Siddal to a stunning 24-0 win at Championship One Doncaster in the last round, should stick with his amateur club for Sunday.

"He just told me to take the rest of the week off and banned me from the training ground so it looks like I'm coaching," Greenwood told the Halifax Courier.

"To be honest, I thought I was going to be playing because Batley are pretty much down to their last 17.

"It's still not ideal because, even if we win, I lose, but I'm glad it's been sorted out and I suppose it's going to be marginally easier than playing."

Is Karl Harrison right to banish Greenwood from Batley in this cup tie.
Lets face it, his coaching at Siddal is only part time.
botica

Re: Has Harrison made the right decision ?

Post by botica »

I think he has!!

If one of our open age coaches was playing against his team, well all i can say would be "God Help Him". My initial thought was fool but the more i think about it the more i feel the right decision really!

Can you imagine the shots going in on him from his own lads? Preserve him for the next round.. As greenwood says they are down to 17 fit players..
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think he has too, it seems like the obvious thing to do to be honest. I doubt Batley will have any problems anyway. Didn't they score over 100 against Gateshead a few weeks ago? Go the Gallant Youths, used to watch loads of their home games when I was a kid and my dad was at college and didn't have a car to take us to Wigan. The slope is great at Mount Pleasant if you're downhill in the first half you need a 30 point lead at least to be comfortable. Didn't we play them in the cup when we had
Henry Paul?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I think it is a brave decision by Karl Harrison, He obviously doesn't want Greenwood to know all his tactics for the week, but possibly it's to allow Greenwood chance to coach Siddll properly, altghough I don't see Karl as an overly sentmental chap when it comes to things like this.
Maybe as others have said, he wants fo Keep Greenwood safe from possible knocks playing against the team he coaches
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09