CARVELL BROKEN LEG ROCKS WOLVES

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

CARVELL BROKEN LEG ROCKS WOLVES

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Can someone please make the link.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ngton.html

High-flying Warrington have suffered a major injury blow after scans revealed that prop Garreth Carvell broke his leg in Sunday's 36-16 defeat at Hull KR.

The 29-year-old former Hull and Great Britain forward has been an ever-present for the Wolves this season but is now facing a three-month lay-off.

Warrington, who are second in Engage Super League after winning eight of their opening 11 matches, have also lost loose forward Vinnie Anderson with a broken toe as a result of a weight-training accident.

Carvell will be a big loss to Wire, even though he has been a thug this season.

Fixed your link PM - Josie

:)
gpartin

Re: CARVELL BROKEN LEG ROCKS WOLVES

Post by gpartin »

Feel sorry for him. Played against Carvs loads of times when I was a teenager and played on his and Michael wainwright's team when I was a fair bit younger. Both nice lads and I want them to do well.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I wonder if Alan Beswick's made any comments on his radio program :wink: :D

Hope he recovers soon (Carvell, not Beswick), all the best.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Panchitta Marra wrote: Warrington, who are second in Engage Super League after winning eight of their opening 11 matches, have also lost loose forward Vinnie Anderson with a broken toe as a result of a weight-training accident.
Sounds like someone dropped a 20Kg plate on his foot!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
botica

Post by botica »

Awch on both counts

Always a shame when injuries like this happen, sometimes they can be the end for the player...

Hope both players recover quickly as without the Good players playing for your nearest Competition, then Rugby League isn't worth watching is it!

"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

They've recalled Cooper from loan at Cas. Useful lad, from what I've seen of him.