BBC cup games announced

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

BBC cup games announced

Post by GeoffN »

Huddersfield’s tie will be played on Saturday 8 May with a 2.30pm kick-off and shown live on BBC1, while the Crusaders RL v Catalans Dragons fifth-round tie will be screened on BBC2 the following day at 3.30pm.
http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/superl ... p?id=17389
exile in Tiger country

Re: BBC cup games announced

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I suppose they think Crusaders v Catalans will be closer game thn Quins v Stains
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I suppose they think Crusaders v Catalans will be closer game thn Quins v Stains
Come on get real would you expect the BEEB to show a match where a team from inside the M25 might get beaten by the northern rifraff. ie that is north of Watford.
Jim
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:I suppose they think Crusaders v Catalans will be closer game thn Quins v Stains
Come on get real would you expect the BEEB to show a match where a team from inside the M25 might get beaten by the northern rifraff. ie that is north of Watford.
Jim
Hopefully, they'll televise Quins in the quarter-finals... :roll:
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Think they are also going for the history as well as this will be the first time for a challenge cup last 16 tie to be played by two non english sides too (according to League Express)
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

And Gareth Thomas's first game on BBC.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

Also think that the last time the Quins ground was filmed there wasn"t hardly anyone there for the super league match .So a cup match might be even less which does not look good for rugby league.I think Wrexham can get more bums on seats as they have never had any cup games at the stadium and even if there is a small chance of getting to Wembly they will get behind Crusaders.