Phil Gould

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mark webster?

Phil Gould

Post by mark webster? »

Anyone watch the game between Canterbury and Brisbane today and thought Phil Gould's speech was spot on?

For those that didn't see it, he was on about Melbourne and them going over the salary cap.

He said that even though they're over the salary cap, they should still be able to accumulate points, but only when they have this season's squad under the salary cap, as it's pointless punishing them for the whole season, as they'll stop trying towards the end of the campaign.

Regardless of the NRL'S rulebook, I'd prefer a personal opinion from people on here. Do you agree with that, considering, they're paying fines and prize money back, or do you believe they should be punished for the whole season?
Can't whack a good pint.
markill

Re: Phil Gould

Post by markill »

i agree with you there. future punishment isn't really that fair considering they are being punished financially already. but hey, they broke the rules in a bad way and if the same penalties were to be imposed on say warrington if they are over cap or saints if they do the same thing (as has been suggested elsewhere) then i won't be as sympathetic.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
mark webster?

Re: Phil Gould

Post by mark webster? »

Neither would I, but if they can't gain any points, towards the business end of the season, they could throw games by just not performing, then they could get done for match fixing. So it's swings and roundabouts tbh!
Can't whack a good pint.