Fev Rovers player killed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Leyther Pie

Fev Rovers player killed

Post by Leyther Pie »

I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
josie andrews

Re: Fev Rovers player killed

Post by josie andrews »

Condolences to his family & friends
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

my prayers are with his family and friends and also the other player and his family.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sad but reads like it was down to his own stupidity.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

How sad two young lads with there whole future before them can"t even imagine the pain of losing a son or the terrible injuries the other lad has.No matter whose to blame because we have all been guilty of puting our foot down now and again .Featherstone were only on the tele last friday.Hope everybody in the rugby world shows a little compassion at this time.CP not the right time to make a comment like yours .
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Why Mave. I don't agree with false condolensces and the modern drama of laying masses of flowers at death spots etc. I am not going to labour the point as some will take moral indignation but read the report.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Very harsh as he was the passenger!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

CPW, there is a world of difference between false condolences and poorly timed comments, why bother to post at all on this sad subject? Not really necessary IMO.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I agree with cp from local reports it does border on stupidity but to mention it in an emotional thread is another matter for people to like or dislike. Any league player, or anyone in fact who die's in accident's is a sad loss to society.

He played our game.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not really Exile. Any loss of life is sad which I stated unfortunately some are preventible and those people often play a huge part in their own demise. Would you all be so sympathetic had the two young men driving wildly have caused an innocent driver/passenger of another car to crash and those people been killed? Or a pedestrian been struck and killed?

People travelling recklessly in motor vehicles put not only themselves in danger but also innocent people which IMO makes them worse than for example a drug addict that overdozes and dies. Should we feel sorry for them because they are rugby players or the incredible cliched respects that people offer to complete strangers for whatever motives. I am not sure modern society is being respectful with its almost exagerated response to death. The death of somebody immediate is incredibly painful but strangers, even distant friends is nothing like the same in my experience but this OTT modern grieving is far more distasteful IMO.

A sad waste of life nothing more, nothing less but I refused to offer pointless respects just because society has deemed the OTT histionics to death to be the norm.