the little drummer boy and his mates

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wm_warrior

Re: the little drummer boy and his mates

Post by wm_warrior »

We never go to start trouble mate , we go to have a good laugh and get the fans singing and get behind the team we love but never to cause trouble.

The lads at bradford was on the official coach - walton swift.
They came to stand at the top and because we would not sing the songs they wanted us to they started fighting with us and causing trouble with us in the ground and outside the ground after the game and started causing trouble with bradford fans.
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

We are doing all in our power me and the genuine fans to stop all of this as soon as possible. We have created a group on Facebook called ''The South Stand Move'' basically telling people what has been going on recently and that all the decent and proper wigan fans who sit at the top will now be moving into the far corner of the stand. We hope this move will stop all the chav like hooligans who are tarnishing not just me and my mates names but our great club.

Please feel free to join our group on Facebook.

Daniel.
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

Radlinksi_Legend

Post by Radlinksi_Legend »

I've just joined the forum to post a reply to the little drummer boy who seems to seek to absolve himself from any guilt for the whole incident when in reality that is not the case. Yes the cas fans were to blame but so was his group.

I was stood just to the right of the trouble in front of the big screen in the first half of the cas game, and prior to the drummers entering that stand, after a chant of 'castleford' had gone up, had attempted to banter with the cas fans by a couple of us singing 'your just a small town in wakefield'.

This was followed by a bit of lighthearted bantering back 'who are you? etc.' 'its all gone quiet over there' etc. before castleford saw we were wigan, to which it did turn a bit nasty and we got 'cheating pies' and 'your the scum of rugby league' followed by offensive gestures.

At this point we realised we better leave the whole attempts at lighthearted banter given how agressive some of the response was.

Que the drummers then entering the cas stand, to a load of abuse by the cas fans. The wiganers went up the side of the cas fans and sat between where we were and the cas lot for about five minutes singing back and forth.

A few more, 'your the scum of rugby league', and some goading by the cas fans to these lads and you could see something was going to turn ugly if they stopped in that stand.

However, rather than react and either leave, or stop singing to the cas fans, the drummer and his mates decided they were going to up ante, and march with the drum, straight into the middle of the castleford support.

At the time i commented to my mate this is only going to end in trouble as we watched them walk up. After how agressively cas were acting it was obvious that such action was going to be met with some sort of reaction (yet this is probably what these lads were looking for....if not why march into the cas fans in the first place?).

Once settled in the middle of the cas fans all the kick off took only about 2 minutes to start as expected.

Now while Mr drummer boy may argue he didnt throw the first punch, surely he and his mates are not that stupid to not realise that their march into the MIDDLE of the castleford support was stepping beyond the line of banter between fans and was always going to be seen as a 'challenge' or a precurser to violence.

Yes the castleford fans didnt help matters, yet we all already know that the majority of cas fans arent the sharpest knives and already have massive issues with us that they cant let go.

As such why march INTO their support with a drum when youve already received chanting from them that oversteps the mark and goes beyond banter. IMO these lads saw the agressive chanting by cas as a challenge, and so decided they were going to up the anti and respond by challenging the cas fans by walking into the middle of their support.

IMO it was 6 and two threes - Cas didnt help matters, but Mr drummer boy cant argue that he and his friends actions did not provoke the kick off. Had they not decided to walk into the cas support (which IMO they only did to receive a response) it would probably had not kicked off.

After this kick off we were then met by a load of further bile from cas - with at least a dozen (including castleford 'women') gesticulating / signaling throat cutting actions etc. and so decided to move in the second half to cool the situation.
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

Regarding your response did you not see two drums at the match? One was me I was wearing the Home shirt with Ginger Wiganer 18 on the back of it and had a black hat on and the other drummer was wearing a blue hooded jumper and Jeans.

Now Yes I did go upto the Castleford fans with a few of the lads but If you saw me you would of realised I moved my drum into the far end placing it on the floor after the Caslteford fan threatened and swung for me.

Then I moved back into the centre of the Wigan and Cas fans telling my mates to move because I knew it would kick off but that only resulted in me getting threatened once again of the Castleford fans.

Now yes I was stupid to go into the Castleford fans end but I did NOT go in that end intending to cause trouble.
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

The other drummer boy was on coach 2 from mayfair with his kiddy mates. These so called trouble makers are just kids who have nothing better do on a Friday night and one of ways to stop it is the £26 season ticket price to be changed to under 14s. As its too cheap
IN WANE WE TRUST
Radlinksi_Legend

Post by Radlinksi_Legend »

To be fair to Daniel I did actually see one of the lads go in after the others, and leave his drum where they were orignally sitting....to which I commented to my mate at the time, thinking hed forgotten it because he was pee'd up.

If this was you Daniel then perhaps I have been a little premature in condeming you, however it does seem that you need to think about the company you keep, as it seems some of your 'friends', who were all in their pretty much within 2 minutes from sitting down, were only looking for trouble.

I commend you for your group on facebook and I hope that this goes somewhere to sorting the situation out - at least it should seperate people who do not go to the games for trouble from the idiots and hence weed the idiots out.

However, unfortunatly for you, from what I saw on sunday, some of those idiots are indeed some of the people you do seem to attend the rugby with, and I would anticipate that some of your 'friends' should either tow the line and follow your lead, accepting their stupid behaviour but agreeing to do something about it, or alternatively you will find some of these lads will not be going to the rugby any more.
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

Radlinksi_Legen​d​ wrote:To be fair to Daniel I did actually see one of the lads go in after the others, and leave his drum where they were orignally sitting....to which I commented to my mate at the time, thinking hed forgotten it because he was pee'd up.

If this was you Daniel then perhaps I have been a little premature in condeming you, however it does seem that you need to think about the company you keep, as it seems some of your 'friends', who were all in their pretty much within 2 minutes from sitting down, were only looking for trouble.

I commend you for your group on facebook and I hope that this goes somewhere to sorting the situation out - at least it should seperate people who do not go to the games for trouble from the idiots and hence weed the idiots out.

However, unfortunatly for you, from what I saw on sunday, some of those idiots are indeed some of the people you do seem to attend the rugby with, and I would anticipate that some of your 'friends' should either tow the line and follow your lead, accepting their stupid behaviour but agreeing to do something about it, or alternatively you will find some of these lads will not be going to the rugby any more.
Yes this was me I put the drum down because of the abuse I got from the Castleford fan and went back to the lads to try and tell them to get out of the way as I could see it was going to kick off at anytime. Im glad you saw me because atleast there is somebody who saw me not causing trouble because I am far from a trouble maker Id hate for our great club to get a bad name because of the way some of my mates acted on Sunday.

The facebook group is really to get rid of the bad apples that seem to be growing at the top of the south stand we hope to get all the decent lads together into one group and not let any of the hooligan like fans sit near us and get us into more trouble.

Daniel.
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley

Susi

Post by Susi »

It is nice to see that someone is acting positivly to stop this .However you must accept some responsibilty for some of the previous bother.
This said you are trying to move away from the ones who allegedly throw beer food etc.
Let us hope that this will find the true culprits of the trouble and the club does something about it, either with tighter stewarding / police presence amongst these so called fans.
We all go to enjoy and support our beloved club, we need young supporters coming thro,but not the sort who behave in this manner.
I would also ask if you do know who any of them are you let on so it can be nipped in the bud , before we get a bad name please.
It is good to see you have realised the problem and taken action, i hope it works well for you
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

wm_warrior wrote:CPwigan - at the end of the day there is always going to be someone on coaches who is going to make trouble. so if you think banning us will help you need to think again.
If there is someone on the coach who is causing trouble then they will get asked to leave the vehicle, Banned and then there names taken and banned from all the others too!! so NO!! there wont always be someone on the coaches who is going to make trouble! thats what Big Mike and the rest of us are trying to sort out! :angry: :angry:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

pedro

Post by pedro »

You going on Saturday?