the little drummer boy and his mates

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: the little drummer boy and his mates

Post by ancientnloyal »

If the pies were tastier and the beer purer, they wouldnt throw them, but eat them.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

TonyIdol wrote: In short: Cut the drunkeness and object throwing out but please dont look down on people for being passionate.

Never ever would anyone look down on people for being passionate mate, i think i have more passion than anyone in the world for Wigan rugby league!!! but YES cut down on the drunken behavior!!! It needs to get sorted thats all people want cant you see that???
WIGAN TILL I DIE

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TonyIdol wrote: Yes, cut the violence out and the drunkeness but lets not dampen the spirits of people wanting to create an atmosphere.

In short: Cut the drunkeness and object throwing out but please dont look down on people for being passionate.

Which is exactly what we (and the club) are saying. Nobody's objecting to the singing/cheering, what we're objecting to is exactly what you agree should be cut out.

I hope this proposed "South Stand Move" works, if only to identify the real troublemakers amongst the rest of the group, so they can be dealt with.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Not being funny here mate, but i dont see how im acting spoiled?
Please enlighten me on this...
for the last few months i have been working 5 days a week 12 hours a day, 2 nights on the doors at weekend. yeah its very spoiled isnt it :)

Today i helped detain 4 lads on site, police said we were a credit to our company and the building site. i also recived a bonus. I think you people actually need to meet up with our lads or just me, and just have a chat and a pint maybe, unless like you say we might throw them :conf:

Im not a bad lad, i actually want to co operate with you. You can ask the people on this site who have met me and spoken to me that im not what everyone makes out. Maybe im mixed with a bad crowd. i dunno. i hardly go anymore any way.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Can't believe this. Why, Bear, after admitting your group cause the majority of problems and calling decent fans pompous and childish, have you suddenly started to play the victim as if everyone is out to get at you? You imply by your admission that your group has behaved inappropriately. Are you willing to tell us in what way given the fact you deny seeing anyone doing anything other than things which should be laughed along with. You say that you've not been going so much...
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

...could it be that the behaviour of the group has got worse? Whatever it is you say you want to help to stop it, clearly you know there's a problem so why the insults to people who have just had enough of flying beer and bad language. I've got a ten month old daughter who I want to introduce to rugby in a few years time and as much as I hate bad language I know it happens to some degree but if my daughter was hit by something thrown by so called fans it could possibly put her off for life...
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I like the barmy army chant.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

But worse than that it could cause her an injury. The other thing is if someone takes exception to their behaviour I have seen first hand how quickly an argument between two people can turn into a riot involving hundreds. If you don't want this make a stand against your so called mates for the reputation of the club and its fans instead of the name calling and denials. Whatever's gone on has happened, those of you who are part of that group are making a choice to do so don't let it be a choice you regret.

ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

Not posted on here for a while, but I've just been reading through and I'll admit it is probably the group you were on about, I'll also admit that I go to games with them, to be fair I've probably caused trouble sometimes although I would say that the group in general is calming down compared to the last couple of years. While I admit it's not perfect, I don't think anyone wants to wind up any of our fans, I'll apologise to anyone who has been hit with beer or anything else, I personally haven't thrown any of these or seen any of my mates throw these but I can understand how you must feel as we've had a similar thing at a game last year. The incident with the Cas fans was probably a bit of banter gone too far (admittedly by me mainly), as I've said our behaviour generally has been better. A couple of the incidents this season were by others and not by us as someone has said earlier. I suppose the only thing we can really do is to just start behaving ourselves rather than just having a go at people. However, in terms of the barmy army chant and the atmosphere, that's something that people enjoy singing and there are a lot of new songs that we could sing but they don't seem to catch on if they're a bit long.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

pedro wrote:
Bear wrote:I havent been on here for a while. but basically i think the adults are acting like the children. Your just acting pompus and think your special.
None of you can take a joke or have a laugh what so ever.
And now u talk about banning us. Makes me sick. no wonder you dont get my money any more.

Ill admit our lot are the main cause, but do you not think laughing along may make them behave differently.
If you act like this and think its ok to act like this then the club are better off without you. When you grow up and stop acting like a spoilt little boy maybe you will be welcome again.

Its not pompus its called acting responsible and civilised, and the people in the south stand dont think they are special but think they have a right to be able to watch a rugby match without being swore at, beer thrown at or intimidated, which I agree with
Pedro? havere you any idea what your talking about?
have you met Bear?............thought not..........so dont pre judge him until you know him.
There are a lot of adult fans who will vouch for Bear as being the kind of lad who will give the idiots a slap, and stop em behaving like pr!cks.
Maybe he stopped going because he got fed up of his "mates" causing bother??
i know he doesnt go much these days as the Lads working doors at weekends.....hardly summat a spoilt child would do is is?
and thats after working 12 hour shifts as a security guard all week.
advice for you lot who are calling Bear...go find him, chat to him , and you will find out hes a wel brought up, well mannered 18 yr old.
and chances are most have you have passed him doing his day job and hadnt a clue who he was ???

And if anyone else fancies having a pop at him..message me on here or Rlfans and ill put you straight..
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO