Kevin Brown

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
THE 18th Man

Re: Kevin Brown

Post by THE 18th Man »

rumour in league express paper aswell. although IL wont comment on it besides saying he is a good player and because he played for us he's now linked with us but he wont comment on signings.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Matthew wrote:He wasn't good enough for us when he left.

So either:

We have actually gone backwards and are now worse than when he left (we're currently top of the league, so that isn't true)

Or

He is a greatly improved player from his days at Wigan (which isn't true either)

So, no - I don't think that we should be looking to sign him again
Good post :eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thin he was a talent when he left us and is a talent now. The problem I have is that he is IIRC a lefty, just like Sam. we need a righty, organising, kicking 7.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:I thin he was a talent when he left us and is a talent now. The problem I have is that he is IIRC a lefty, just like Sam. we need a righty, organising, kicking 7.
He was a talent then and he has vastly improved. The main reason for his improvement is not having to play in a different position every game, like he was asked too at Wigan.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

exile in Tiger country wrote:He was a talent then and he has vastly improved. The main reason for his improvement is not having to play in a different position every game, like he was asked too at Wigan.
It was rather stupid playing him at 13 as happened once under Millward but none of that matters. The only question that matters is would he improve the current side.

Given I struggle to see where he's fit in that is enough to say no he wouldn't IMO and that is before we consider his strength and weaknesses.

Despite the fashion for claiming the half backs are the same but on different sides of the pitch I don't that is true as IMO most half backs who can organise a team end up at 7 and most who fit the mould of a running half back end up at 6 (if there is an organising 7 in the side).

Which is a roundabout way of saying he's a stand off and not a scrum half so where would he fit in our side? He's not a 7, certainly not a 1 and neither is he a centre.

Dave

TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Would be a great signing as a centre
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

TRICKY DICKY wrote:Would be a great signing as a centre
Have to disagree with that, he still isn't big enough for a centre.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Kevin brown has prvoed both at wigan and hudds that the only position you can get anything out of him is stand off he is fairly terrible at pretty much everything else. And with sam on board i just cant see how he would bring anything to our squad
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Makes too many mistakes.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Makes too many mistakes.
Particularly in defence!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards