kevin Brown

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian b

kevin Brown

Post by ian b »

I reckon he should be given a chance at stand off for England. I really believe himself and Sam at 7 would do a great job.I would personally have him back at Wigan tomorrow.I think he is underated i wondered what other people thought.
GeoffN

Re: kevin Brown

Post by GeoffN »

ian b wrote:I reckon he should be given a chance at stand off for England. I really believe himself and Sam at 7 would do a great job.I would personally have him back at Wigan tomorrow.I think he is underated i wondered what other people thought.
Neither of them is a scrum-half, and they're too similar in the way they play.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Eastmond and Sam are the best half back pairing in Britain by a long margin.
Kevin Brown is a liabilty, his defense is very suspect at best.
pedro

Post by pedro »

ian b wrote:I reckon he should be given a chance at stand off for England. I really believe himself and Sam at 7 would do a great job.I would personally have him back at Wigan tomorrow.I think he is underated i wondered what other people thought.
Hes not good enough for Wigan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Eastmond and Sam are the best half back pairing in Britain by a long margin.
I agree we don't want him, but his defence nowadays is a lot better than it used to be. Actually, his defensive stats are on a par with Sam: both have 13 missed tackles in 13 games (and KB has made more tackles).
Panchitta Marra

GeoffN wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Eastmond and Sam are the best half back pairing in Britain by a long margin.
I agree we don't want him, but his defence nowadays is a lot better than it used to be. Actually, his defensive stats are on a par with Sam: both have 13 missed tackles in 13 games (and KB has made more tackles).
I didnt check the stats Geoff, that surprises me.
I always thought he was suspect in the defense department.
Would still chose Sam anyday over KB though.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Eastmond can be very suspect in defence and has been pointed out on here before by cp i think
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian b wrote:
Eastmond can be very suspect in defence and has been pointed out on here before by cp i think
True, but there are no better English #7's around. Maybe Myler in a year or two (though he's out injured now anyway). Burrow certainly has less to offer than Eastmond.

British half-backs have been a problem for a long time now, largely because of all the imports to those positions in SL. At least we do have a few good youngsters coming through the clubs now, though it's still nothing like as good as the Aussie production line.
ian b

Post by ian b »

GeoffN wrote:
ian b wrote:
True, but there are no better English #7's around. Maybe Myler in a year or two (though he's out injured now anyway). Burrow certainly has less to offer than Eastmond.

British half-backs have been a problem for a long time now, largely because of all the imports to those positions in SL. At least we do have a few good youngsters coming through the clubs now, though it's still nothing like as good as the Aussie production line.
if you get a chance watch Canberra and melbourne and that shows how far behind we are it is one of the best games ive seen for a while :exc:
Panchitta Marra

ian b wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
ian b wrote:Eastmond can be very suspect in defence and has been pointed out on here before by cp i think

if you get a chance watch Canberra and melbourne and that shows how far behind we are it is one of the best games ive seen for a while :exc:
Have watched many of the Aussie games on Aussie TV in Bangkok, and as you say Ian, they are streets ahead of the Superleague.
Their teams are full of young talent which is trained properly from a young school boy age.
All the sports foods and proteins etc etc that they take, enhances their strength and ability.
Unless we look at a similar training and competition structure in the Northern Hemisphere we will remain also rans.
I still honestly think that currently our best International half back pairing is Kyle Eastmond & Sam Tomkins. Some of the Aussie coaches have hinted at this too.