Cup Squads Announced

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Cup Squads Announced

Post by cpwigan »

Dave on the basis of what I have been told;

Amos Roberts, Martin Gleeson, George Carmont, Pat Richards, Sam Tomkins, Thomas Leuluai, Stuart Fielden, Mark Riddell, Andy Coley, Joel Tomkins, Sean O'Loughlin, Paul Prescott, Michael McIlorum, Phil Bailey, Karl Pryce, Darrell Goulding, Liam Farrell.

Which IMO would be best as

Amos
Goulding
Gleeson
Carmont
Richards
Sam T
Tommy
Fielden
Riddell
Coley
Bailey
Joel T
Lockers

Reserves
Mcilorum
Pryce
Prescott
Farrell

I don't know the 17 but I have been told both Feka and Phelps are playing U20's. I was a tad suprised Amos was back but unless it is a ruse and he is not fit and tuson drop into the 17 then who knows.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

tonyteastain wrote:who said feka was dropped? it has his name in the squad at the top!!!
Josie did, and she knows him better than anyone on here.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I'm never a big fan of putting backs on the bench because unlike with the forwards there is no obvious time to bring them on.

The forwards get rotated and Maguire roughly knows how long each forward will last but with Pryce or Roberts on the bench when do you bring them on? If all the backs are playing well then why make a change.

I will presume if there is a back on the bench it is because Roberts will not play 80 minutes but if he plays 60 minutes that still 60 minutes of a back sat on the bench.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If a hooker can play the 80 I do not mind a back on the bench because if one does get injured it can create major problems and in the case of Wigan tomorrow if Amos does play then he might break down etc etc.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mickw wrote:mm knows how much we`ve missed amos and he`s become our most classy player after a poor first year.he will play tmorrw and he will play well.
I'm not so sure he'll play, after reading that WEP article, it's looking like MM might not risk him.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Amos was actually fit last week and the plan was to give him 20 minutes v Crusaders but that was shelved.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

tonyteastain wrote:who said feka was dropped? it has his name in the squad at the top!!!
I did!!

If I say Feka is being rested, he is being rested!

If I say he is DROPPED he is DROPPED !!

:(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Don't expect you to post it but has Feka been told why Josie?
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

From what has been happening this season and as much as i like Feca it looks like he has a real challenge on his hands to get himnself a new deal for next year.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TRICKY DICKY wrote:From what has been happening this season and as much as i like Feca it looks like he has a real challenge on his hands to get himnself a new deal for next year.
Monumental Tricky

The writing is on the wall as they say