Leeds Rhinoceroses v WIGAN WARRIORS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: Leeds Rhinoceroses v WIGAN WARRIORS

Post by Shaun1967 »

Ref was terible - for both sides, the decision to let Tuson watch the game was baffling, however no-one has pointed out yet that Gleeson's mind was in the bar celebrating when Smith ran through him.

You can't go to a place like Leeds and expect to win if you don't score a try.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
jammie

Post by jammie »

we should be complaining to the rfl on mass as the paying customer i think we have a right to know why an idiot like bentham can make as many cock up's/bais decisions as he wants without any explination to us the fans and is never punished for his crap decision making.it seems like it is a case of OH MY GOD WIGAN ARE ON THE VERGE OF A NEW RUGBY DYNISTY LET'S TAKE THEM DOWN A PEG OR TWO.but what do we expect from an organision with no balls that allows a cup tie between the two biggest supported sides in rl to be played on the same day as a bloody cricket match,it rolled over and cut the capasity to 10,000 how many would have gone to watch the cricket?why could it not be played on saturday night under the flood lights after the cricket had finished with a full house?ANTI WIGAN, NO BALLS AND NO BRAINS
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

jonosredwarriors

Post by jonosredwarriors »

Bentham's an easy target if you waatch the game most of the penalties were good decisions,yes he made a few errors but we all make mistakes, it's easy watching in slow motion and then having a go but not at full speed in a spit second, and people will tell you that i am the most biast judge of ref's
jammie

Post by jammie »

THERE ARE 4 OFFICIALS and not one them could come to the correct decisions,peacock should have got 10 mins,senior should have had at least 10 mins if not more,farrel's was never a sin bin offence,leeds not standing square on many occasions,the leeds defence was off side right in front of benthem nearly all the time leeds knocked on under a high bomb when sam didn't ground the ball they gave it as a turnover need i go on,please don't tell be benthem had a good game.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I was playing today so had to sky plus the game, my wife rang me and told me thed score and i was gutted BUT i;m watching it back now and our defence has changed dramatically. Normally we have three in the tackle, 1 ball, 1 midriff and the last man clamps the legs together giving us about 6 seconds to clear the tackled player but im 16 minutes in and have only seen 3 tackles with 3 men in, if we had done what we have been doing all season we would've won this game no bother.

But im with the majority, Bentham is a deleted by mods
Up The Mont!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The Referee was terrible but there were a few player who didn't play well today.

Karl Pryce needs to be dropped, I was all for him getting his chance but today he was awful especially in defence. Leeds should have had a try a bit sooner when Pryce went missing but was saved by a poor pass only for Wigan to be in the same situation again few minutes later this time Pryce saved by a covering tackle on the Leeds centre. No passion or determination in attack.

Paul Prescott the lad tries hard but is too prone to errors gets bashed about for too easily for a prop at club aspiring to be the best.

And unfortunately today Sam Tomkins showed his inexperience and in most cases a good half back is the difference between a winning side in a cup and match and a losing side, not one of Sam's best performances and Wigan lost. (Although to be fair to Sam he was taken out off the ball and high tackled at least twice all unpunished)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

neilbass wrote: I know people are worked up but can someone edit that post please?

It's not just the language thats offensive.

While Bentham was shocking today making that kind of comment is not acceptable on here (or anywhere come to that in my opinion).

Why was Tuson included in the 17? Felt very sorry for him not getting any game time. and tactically why leave Feka out and make the other 3 props work overtime, then not utilise the player you've brought in.
An extra prop instead could have given us the extra go-forward needed to win such a tight match.
You need to let the mods know which post you are alluding to. I have edited what I have found offensive so far
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Wigan fans were complaining to the police at the end of the game because of celebrations from
Lee Smith, JBB, Maguire et al after the try. He almost incited a riot in front of the Wigan fans, they were screaming abuse & then started throwing stuff at them.

And, if I'd have been on that wall where they jumped on he'd have got a bloody crack with my walking stick :sly:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Thanks Josie it's gone now.

Agreed re Lee Smith etc and the 'celebration'. On the interview on red button after the match he said the Wigan fans had been winding him up earlier in the match for some errors, and it was a bit of payback.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

neilbass wrote:Thanks Josie it's gone now.

Agreed re Lee Smith etc and the 'celebration'. On the interview on red button after the match he said the Wigan fans had been winding him up earlier in the match for some errors, and it was a bit of payback.
Still no need to near enough incite a riot, the Wigan fans were going ballistic at the Leeds players antics.