Gleeson, lack of professionalism, non/unfair reaction by fans !!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Gleeson, lack of professionalism, non/unfair reaction by fans !!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

send an email to mick hogan or ian lenegan. Remember at a past fans forum if anyone see's this behaviour don't hesitate to get in contact...

proof or not.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ancientnloyal wrote:send an email to mick hogan or ian lenegan. Remember at a past fans forum if anyone see's this behaviour don't hesitate to get in contact...

proof or not.
The club know about it A & L. Hence the disciplinary action.
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Gleeson's one of the best defensive centres in the league. Looking at his signing ; no one else was available and we couldnt carry on with Goulding there and George C has no pace at all to get close to the attacking player. Probably paid too much for Gleeson but not a bad signing...
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Shaun1967 wrote:Ever the professional, Gleeson was on the piss around Standish last night. Not a rumour, he was out with his brother and a couple of mates.
Didn't see any of the consistent performers out though.
So he went out for a drink so what. Or are you saying he was legless? Maybe you didn't see "any of the consistent performers out" as you say because they were out on the piss somewhere else.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fujiman wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:Ever the professional, Gleeson was on the piss around Standish last night. Not a rumour, he was out with his brother and a couple of mates.
So he went out for a drink so what. Or are you saying he was legless? Maybe you didn't see "any of the consistent performers out" as you say because they were out on the piss somewhere else.
? What is your point

He previously went out drinking every night, including nights Wigan players are not allowed to drink and turned up to training hungover. IS THAT ACCEPTABLE? He was an ass for the remainder of the training sessions IS THAT ACCEPTABLE?

Since going on a bender his form has been poor and his noted defence has been hopeless IS THAT ACCEPTABLE?

Player should do nothing to their bodies that reduces their ability to maximise their talent so being tea total is sensible. DO YOU AGREE?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
? What is your point

He previously went out drinking every night, including nights Wigan players are not allowed to drink and turned up to training hungover. IS THAT ACCEPTABLE? He was an ass for the remainder of the training sessions IS THAT ACCEPTABLE?

Since going on a bender his form has been poor and his noted defence has been hopeless IS THAT ACCEPTABLE?

Player should do nothing to their bodies that reduces their ability to maximise their talent so being tea total is sensible. DO YOU AGREE?
You completely missed my point CP, I was questioning the state he was in. Did he see him in a pub and assume he was on the piss or did he see him legless. If he has transgressed again I'm sure the coach will deal with it. "Player should do nothing to their bodies that reduces their ability to maximise their talent so being tea total is sensible." Agree but nobody's perfect as you pointed out in another post i.e. Greg or Connelly
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fujiman wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Fujiman wrote:So he went out for a drink so what. Or are you saying he was legless? Maybe you didn't see "any of the consistent performers out" as you say because they were out on the piss somewhere else.
? What is your point

You completely missed my point CP, I was questioning the state he was in. Did he see him in a pub and assume he was on the piss or did he see him legless. If he has transgressed again I'm sure the coach will deal with it. "Player should do nothing to their bodies that reduces their ability to maximise their talent so being tea total is sensible." Agree but nobody's perfect as you pointed out in another post i.e. Greg or Connelly
Ok and on that basis I may be wrong but I think the players are allowed to drink alcohol after a match albeit is slows down the recovery process.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

the fitness levels of todays game won't allow for to much drinking.Tony Adams said that by the end of his career it would have been impossible to drink what players where drinking when he started and remain competitive. I would say the same would apply to our game.If Gleeson is drinking regulary then get him out
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It's more than just his defence that's been worrying me recently, he's been sending out some dreadful passes, including a few on Saturday early in the game, near our own line, that we were lucky to get away with.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

looks like the new mathers has been found then!

Gleeson missed one tackle on saturday and this led to a try. However in the build up to lee smiths try we had coley and prescott giving away a penalty, amos knocking on and sam throwing an intercept. But it's gleeson who gets all the critcism.

As far as this rumour about the drinking is concerned, and that's all it is, a rumour, he was actually punished for something lighter than this and it seems as if there has been a case of chinese whispers. Gleeson has been dealt with appropriately by Wane and Maguire and has come back in to the team.

Personally I thought he had a very good game on saturday, he was the one making yards when we needed to take some weight of our pack's shoulders.

It just seems as if some of our fans seem to want a scapegoat and it looks like it's gleesons turn.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!