UTC GAME

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: UTC GAME

Post by mrs_carney »

That was the most pitiful performance i've ever seen, brown......why was he not ripped off that pitch, colbon was after a couple of mistakes the other week. Moran exceeded himself this week, beyond s**t, he even surprised me! Jerry couldnt even make yards against them, hargreaves made more yards than he did. Words cannot describe that display!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: The word you are looking for is ................................................................help !!!!

:angry:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

You really are annoying. I now have to edit that message to get rid of all those stupid full stops that mean nowt, just to make the page go back to its normal size. :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
You really are annoying. I now have to edit that message to get rid of all those stupid full stops that mean nowt, just to make the page go back to its normal size. :(
I toyyed with the idea but couldn't be bothered :D
mario

Post by mario »

oldtimer posted:
that tonight was the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL we did not have a clue,and to top it all the crowd was 5900 i dont think even DORIS will try to make it larger.i asked in an earlier posting was this the worst team you had seen?tonights match answered it.ST PATS would have beaten them easier and to be honest we did not deserve to win,enen through my red specs it was awful. :blush: :blush:
ST PATS should be in NL1 then! If not Superleague.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mario posted:
ST PATS should be in NL1 then! If not Superleague.
...and don't forget The Brow Mario!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think credit to UTC they really made us work hard. I think apart from a few times they didnt look dangerous in attack and most of the time we defended well, i was concerned about Valieki (spelling) at full back but as far as choices go we had none. In attack we just didnt seem to penetrate at all. But when we did there was no support, it was bad in the first half when Scully made a break near the line and looked for a offload to find no one.

At least we won that seems the only positive.

I was most impressed with the fans that made the effort to turn out, esp the fewn UTC fans. Also i was very happy to see the most of the wigan fans clapping UTC at the end it was really nice to see

Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

[quote]oldtimer posted:
.i asked in an earlier posting was this the worst team you had seen?

I have said in a previous posting that this is the worst team since we came back to the top flight following relegation. The worrying thing reading some of the postings (under various headings) is that so many people seem content with what's on offer. Comments like, 'a win is a win' 'we'll get better' 'they're inexperinced'. I sit in the JJB these days and feel like the Romans must have done. Everything around me on fire whilst Emperor Mo plays his fiddle.
One subscriber said it's because of all the uncertainty regarding the alleged takeover. Just down the road, you know who scored 62 points without reply despite the off-field problems they have.
The day it was announced that Betts was to take over as coach, I said he wasn't good enough. He has done nothing to change my mind. Last night, the team didn't even look interested. We can all see there isn't a move in the team, but when a coach can't even motivate a team, there are serious problems.
Lindsay has dragged this team down over the pastthree seasons and some of his signings have been farcical. How come you know who can come up with Lyons & Vinnie Anderson this year alone whilst we have to be content with a loan signing off Leeds.
Things are seriouys NOW and the quicker fans really let their feelings be known the better. Lindsay is bullet-proof. He can walk away whenever he wants which is precisely what he will do. Whelan has made it clear more than once that his priority is Wigan Athletic where money is no object, whereas with the rugby team, it seems to everything on the cheap.

WAKE UP YOU FANS BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

billyboy posted:
oldtimer posted:
.i asked in an earlier posting was this the worst team you had seen?

I have said in a previous posting that this is the worst team since we came back to the top flight following relegation. The worrying thing reading some of the postings (under various headings) is that so many people seem content with what's on offer. Comments like, 'a win is a win' 'we'll get better' 'they're inexperinced'. I sit in the JJB these days and feel like the Romans must have done. Everything around me on fire whilst Emperor Mo plays his fiddle.
One subscriber said it's because of all the uncertainty regarding the alleged takeover. Just down the road, you know who scored 62 points without reply despite the off-field problems they have.
The day it was announced that Betts was to take over as coach, I said he wasn't good enough. He has done nothing to change my mind. Last night, the team didn't even look interested. We can all see there isn't a move in the team, but when a coach can't even motivate a team, there are serious problems.
Lindsay has dragged this team down over the pastthree seasons and some of his signings have been farcical. How come you know who can come up with Lyons & Vinnie Anderson this year alone whilst we have to be content with a loan signing off Leeds.
Things are seriouys NOW and the quicker fans really let their feelings be known the better. Lindsay is bullet-proof. He can walk away whenever he wants which is precisely what he will do. Whelan has made it clear more than once that his priority is Wigan Athletic where money is no object, whereas with the rugby team, it seems to everything on the cheap.

WAKE UP YOU FANS BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!
:( You wont get much support on this one billyboy, I have tried before on numerous occasions, without success, in fact all I seem to get is abuse !

Apathy it seems, is the order of the day !!!

I know this is'nt a footy site, but god help us if the Latics get promoted tomorrow, the possible knock on effects it could have on the Warriors don't bear thinking about, ie ground, fans, sponsoship, lack of publicity etc, be afraid, especially with this management team !!!!

:(
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

we_need_a_coach posted:
I know this is'nt a footy site, but god help us if the Latics get promoted tomorrow, the possible knock on effects it could have on the Warriors don't bear thinking about, ie ground, fans, sponsoship, lack of publicity etc, be afraid, especially with this management team !!!!

:(
By all means criticise our poor display last night but for Gods sake do us all a favour and stop your bloody meithering about Latics. Who cares how they do, we're not going to be left out for the dogs if they get promoted, it makes no sense if you actually think about it rather than having a panic attack!