The RFL disciplinary is a joke

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

The RFL disciplinary is a joke

Post by GeoffN »

Castleford full-back Ryan McGoldrick has also been hit with a one-match suspension for kicking out at Sam Tomkins during the Tigers' 38-22 defeat at Wigan.
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... inary.html

Yet Senior gets off scot free for a much worse offence.
cpwigan

Re: The RFL disciplinary is a joke

Post by cpwigan »

GeoffN wrote:
Castleford full-back Ryan McGoldrick has also been hit with a one-match suspension for kicking out at Sam Tomkins during the Tigers' 38-22 defeat at Wigan.
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... inary.html

Yet Senior gets off scot free for a much worse offence.
He has paid the price for being the second player in a short space of time commiting the same offence. He deserved a suspension but as you say doesn't it make the Senior incident look ridiculous and On Report means the team who the foul was against get no benefit whilst giving Castleford in this case the opportunity to start their next game with 13 men minus McGoldrick.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thought exactly the same thing.

McGoldrick (who has always been a twit IMO) kicks out but causes no serious damage. This results in a one match ban

Senior kicks out at someone who is already stood upright and is 6 feet tall, connects with their face causing 8 stitches and the player to miss a quarter of the match in a knock out semi final that his team (with the help of the blithering incompetent in the middle) went on to win. No ban

I'm starting to think that the disciplinary panel resembles the 3 stooges

"Why I oughta!"

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I'm not defending Senior, as think he should of received a ban, but for McGoldrick, he has received 2 cautions for similar offences,hence the ban.
Still think the RFL is a joke though
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
warrior38

Post by warrior38 »

Me to think its a joke. As soon I saw him do it on Sunday knew he was goin 2 get banned previous warnings or not. What Senior did was a total disgrace if you look closely he has a sly look before he does it..
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

warrior38 wrote:if you look closely he has a sly look before he does it..
The referee and especially John Kear on the TV claim Keith Senior could not see Joel Tomkins, which is not true.

Senior was at least looking at Joel's legs, it does not take a genius to know that the rest of Joel Tomkins will be somewhere above his legs.

Keith Senior has a talent of blatantly breaking the rules and getting away with it.