France RL - what hope is there?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

Re: France RL - what hope is there?

Post by highland convert »

Why not go for an England A v England B. You then have the also rans trying to prove they not the A team player should be in the side
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Developing the International Game is paramount. Why should Australia play P.N.G? France have improved since their players started playing SL. They were not helped by injuries and have on occasions caused England problems. I think the way the 4 Nations takes the best country from the non elite competition is an excellent format.

Sorry but on the basis of what people say there is no point in International RL. We do not test Australia often enough, why should we play France? why should we play Wales?

Bobby Goulding? No real idea how good a coach he is but he seems to do reasonably well and he has Stuart Wilkinson as his assistant who has been involved at Wigan, Leeds and England. Bobby's biggest problem is after the match / at events. As a coach he seems to have got the French together and wanting to do well which is no mean feat, John Monie failed.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:I don't think the RFL can afford to have two such 'international' games and if it was added then we would get the usual call, players play too many games.
Scrap the Magic weekend and play it instead.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I don't think the RFL can afford to have two such 'international' games and if it was added then we would get the usual call, players play too many games.
Scrap the Magic weekend and play it instead.
Fine by me.
markill

Post by markill »

They were without their best 3 attacking players in bosc greenshields and pelo, plus no baille or duport. That is basically their first choice backs not playing.

England were only missing eastmond from full strength.

What hope did they have!?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ian b

Post by ian b »

i think we should persevere because it will benefit the game.We need a strong welsh and french team to improve our chances down under.Ireland need to be involved aswell.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Stick with it I say. I would not even mind losing to France to be honest because people would probably sit up and take notice of the game over there.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.