Pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GBH

Re: Pryce

Post by GBH »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Maybe it should be addressed the other way. Why can't people on here see what Maguire sees. After all Maguire works with Pryce five days per week. Surely he is in a far better position to judge Pryces qualities.
It's very odd though that Madge / Waney were seeing exactly what most of us see and were incredibly disparaging about Pryce until recent times.

Bottom line he is a very poor player

So what's changes their minds? Bottom line is Pryce has a skill set that very few at Wigan have, Maguire acknowledges it and wants to use it. A new contract offer is being discussed.
You have got to be joking!

What skill set?

He certainly has no heart for the game unlike Tuson...
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
botica

Post by botica »

He scares the sh*t out of me if i'm honest, every time the ball was kicked in his direction i froze.

And when you realise it was his own brother kicking at him at any given opportunity... Well did he think he was our weak link too?
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pryce is getting a new 12 month contract.

I have no idea why Madge / Wane changed their minds. As I said both took the view at one time they would let him rot in the reserves and play youngsters instead. Something happened? Perhaps the club's owner influenced their thinking? Who knows.

I do know Karl Pryce has no skill set and he is up there with the worst wingers I have seen play for Wigan. He is definetly the most fragile since Stuart Wright.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Ian Lenegan has openely stated that Karl Pryce is the most talented rugby player he has ever seen.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Karl Pryce is a very talented player and has a natural advantage over other players. He has not yet reached his potential but he has been injured a lot and has played very little rugby, it is not his fault he gets injured he is just unlucky.

Like I said before I think it is a deliberate tactic from Maguire to let Pryce build confidence first. Apart from some questions about his positioning he has not made an major mistakes yet and has one of the best try scoring records in Super League. Pryce doesn't break tackles which perhaps he should be with his size advantage but if you watch him play when he goes into collision he is making sure he keeps the ball, there is no point running full pelt and then losing the ball. As his confidence grows he will feel more comfortable taking on the defence and become a better player.

I think Goulding is a bit unlucky to be dropped as he was doing nothing wrong but then again neither is Pryce. Last season people wanted Goulding out of Wigan, some didn't even thing he was good enough from Salford but know everyone seems to want him back.

Personally I think some fans are just setting up a scape goat in Karl Pryce. There is one every season and no matter how well or badly they play if they so much as sneeze during a game they are crucified by some.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am genuinely interested as to what this talent that KP posseses is? He is not fast, neither is he able to make his size and weight tell in terms of breaking tackles, making lots of yards, attacking cross field kicks and defensively. Other than falling over the try line from short distances what has he done?

The fraility of Pryce is acutely embarassing given his stature and difficult to manage because wingers on the bench are not the norm.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Tell him to get his coat :mad:
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

No straw damn us wrote:So what's changes their minds? Bottom line is Pryce has a skill set that very few at Wigan have, Maguire acknowledges it and wants to use it. A new contract offer is being discussed.
This has to be one of the funniest posts I have read on here. Pryce certainly does have a unique skill set and thank God he does. He is lazy, is slow, cannot bust a tackle and makes few metres. He is also all at sea in defence and is poor when dealing with kicks. I hope these unique skills dont rub off on our other players :lol:

Maguire has tried just about every combination before resorting to Pryce. If Ainscough had taken his chance then Pryce wouldnt have even got a sniff. That is how highly Maguire rates Pryce. For whatever reason Pryce has got a run of games. I personally think it is simply a case of wanting Roberts to build up his match fitness on the right before going to full back and the fact that Goulding has never played on the left. He may want to give Goulding a rest as he played a lot of games in succession and there was talk of him having an injury for the Leeds game when he was left out. I also think that CPW may be on to something with regards to Lenegan and his influence.

If you look at the 2 players stats then there is no comparison, Goulding wins hands down. If people take off the blinkers and watch their performances without bias then again Goulding wins hands down. That may not please the anti Goulding brigade on RLFans who have criticised Goulding since he was a teenager, but for some strange reason all rave about Pryce, but it is the case. It is also funny how these posters, people like Rogues and Jonh, have regularly tried to make Goulding the scapegoat for years but now demand special treatment for Pryce. Talk about hypocracy :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Straw = Rogues IMO Dobby :wink:
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Shaun1967 wrote:Ian Lenegan has openely stated that Karl Pryce is the most talented rugby player he has ever seen.
what the f*!k