Piggy leaving.....??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
TRICKY DICKY

Re: Piggy leaving.....??

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

If this is not true the club should make a point of quashing the rumour.

Rumours of players leaving here and there may unsettle the team.

If there is no truth in this quash it.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Shaun1967 wrote:
weststand-rich wrote:If Piggy does leave I can see us recruiting a scrum half in his place and moving Tommy L up to hooker permanently....
Brett Finch ???
Quite possibly.

Anyway, the way McIlorum's been outplaying Piggy recently, he won't be that great a loss, despite how much he's improved this year.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just did a quick twitter stalk. Piggy is going home, his mum has cancer, no club etc. Fair play to the man, been there, done that but don't tell Old Hooker or Kitwazzer.

Interestingly if you scroll down he seems to be really enjoying this season and the quality of coaching provided by Madge etc. Seems to do a lot of physio.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pieater-alex wrote:Piggy has confirmed on his twitter page that he will be leaving next season. A family illness is the reason. I wont go into detail on here (although if you want to know see his page), but fair enough to him, I would do exactly the same in his position.

Josie, have we signed Brett Finch for next season?
I only know that Catalan are trying to sign him to help them get to the Challenge Cup Final. Sorry
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Leaves an interesting choice for the club - do we try and recruit a half back, and move Tommy to 9, or look for a hooker? Nobody in the reserves is ready to step up full-time in either position, yet, IMO.

Alternatively, it brings back a question I've been asking for years - why do we need two hookers? McIlorum could easily play 80 minutes, with no loss of performance (in fact he often stays on alongside Piggy anyway).

I've never been a fan of wasting a bench spot on another hooker, though most coaches seem to do it. While I can understand it with someone like KFC or Piggy, who can't play 80 minutes, I don't see why a younger, fitter hooker can't do it.
pedro

Post by pedro »

if Carmont goes I hope we sign Ben Pomeroy from the sharks like him for years. Ive just had a look and not seen a classy halfback whos off contract. Finch wouldnt take us any further than we are.

Bring Trent back :), ooooh and I saw Hayne is off contract, maybe our new fullback?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Good luck to him. He's been miles better for us this year in my opinion (although reading RLFans not everyone agrees with me and he was class last year apparently) and I think we'll miss him. Really hope we replace him with a classy player who doesn't take so long to settle in. I wouldn't get them on too long a contract initially but have it set in stone that its attractive enough for the player to want to stay on if an extension is offered. The reason I say this is because I think this is where we've gone wrong in the past, players tend to play better in their last reasons as they play for contracts so why not make this as early in their Wigan careers as possible :-)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I defo think he has been our best hooker this season and we will miss him desperately when he is gone! Guttted for the lad!

Now we just need to sign a superstar world class halfback/hooker for a year or two till Logan Tomkins grows up abit, Cameron Smith Please ta thank you!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
UnsungPanapa

Riddell

Post by UnsungPanapa »

i'm presuming he's on his way home at the end of the season due to him tweeting last night that its going to cost him 3000 quid to send his dog home.
UnsungPanapa

Post by UnsungPanapa »

definatley as he's just tweeted about the cost of sending his dog home