Long potentially out for rest of the season...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Long potentially out for rest of the season...

Post by Matthew »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 765350.stm
Hull FC face an anxious wait to see if skipper Sean Long will play again this season after dislocating his elbow in Friday's narrow win over Catalans.

The former St Helens and Great Britain scrum-half was led off in pain late on in the 10-8 win at the KC Stadium.

"He's going to be off for an extended period," Hull coach Richard Agar told BBC Radio Humberside. "He was on oxygen and in a fair bit of pain.

"All we can do is hope the diagnosis on Sean isn't as bad as first feared."

The Black and Whites' recent upturn in form, which has seen them win four of their last five games to go fourth in Super League XV, has coincided with 33-year-old Long's return after a lengthy spell out with an ankle problem.

But Agar cannot yet say whether he will miss the rest of the campaign.

"It's too early to say," he said. "But he's gone off with a serious injury.

"I think all we can do at the time is keep our fingers crossed."
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: Long potentially out for rest of the season...

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Sky sports made me laugh before when they were on about longy

"Sadly and tragicly for Sean Long he has dislocated his elbow."

I was expecting them to say that he had a carreer ending injury with how they said it.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It looked a pretty innocuous tackle, too.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Oh didumms Longy, I dont like to hear of anyone getting seriously injured in our sport but I just cant summon up that much sympathy for this Hull FC player...I wonder why???
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Looks like Bridge might be out for the season too:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... 72959.html
Super League title hopefuls Warrington face an anxious wait to see how long they will be without England centre Chris Bridge after he suffered a shoulder injury in the 37-30 defeat to Leeds.

The Wolves, who remain four points behind leaders Wigan as a result of the loss, were unable to find a way to finish off the reigning champions, who eventually proved to be too strong for Tony Smith's side.

Smith's problems were compounded by Bridge's injury, and the Australian is worried about the 25-year-old's condition.

He said: "We'll have to have a good look at Chris Bridge, he's been carrying an injury for a few weeks and I think we're going to have some not so good news on him.

"We are fearing the worst and it will be a shame if we have to break this good run for him as I think this has been his best ever season and I'm pretty sure it is not looking good for him.

"It is possibly a season-ending injury, I'm afraid that's what we're staring down the barrel of. We'll give some confirmation of that in the week."
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Long tried a 'shoulder charge' from what I saw so it was easy in that sense to dislocate something.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Just shows that Longy was right in sticking out for a two year deal. I remember Lee crooks getting a dislocated elbow against Wigan in a cup game played at Bolton. He was out for the season and always looked weak in one-on-one tackles after. Longy doesn`t have time on his side now, but he does have another years salary.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Lets face it, Sean Long has been a good `un and if he`d stayed at Wigan, who knows what might have been. (Water under the bridge). He only made three starts plus a few sub appearances for us and got the same treatment from Wigan speckies as Gary Connelly got from the Stains. Let`s not ridicule a class act because of a few antics off the pitch.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

bill.inger wrote: Lets face it, Sean Long has been a good `un and if he`d stayed at Wigan, who knows what might have been. (Water under the bridge). He only made three starts plus a few sub appearances for us and got the same treatment from Wigan speckies as Gary Connelly got from the Stains. Let`s not ridicule a class act because of a few antics off the pitch.
As much as I recognise his talent his antics off the pitch only serve to justify my opinion of him on the pitch. He oozes arrogance with his gestures at the crowd when he scores and the faces he pulls to the referees. Once met Tommy Martyn in a pub near Leeds after he'd just played a match, and he too quashed any notion that my feelings towards him were based on how good he was as a player. Along with Long he's another who totally loves himself and spends more on cosmetics than is natural for a grown man.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."