Mark Riddell Leaving

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Mark Riddell Leaving

Post by Doveoverdave »

Big Steve wrote:Will be a big loss to wigan - on this seasons form one of the best N0 9's wigan have had in many years.

All top teams heed a hooker who can direct a team and put an element of doubt into the defence - it makes teh first receiver's job so much easier.

will be interesting to see how he is replaced - i'm not convinced of a MM TL pairing for next season.
Not missed at all.

A crap signing.
botica

Post by botica »

I would agree with you Dave if we were writing this last year.... But if anyone was to win a most improved award this year its gotta be Mark.

I wish him well for the future, I understand only too well how important your mum is and he is making the right decision... Good Luck with everything including your soon to be extended family xx
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Doveoverdave wrote:
Big Steve wrote:Will be a big loss to wigan - on this seasons form one of the best N0 9's wigan have had in many years.

All top teams heed a hooker who can direct a team and put an element of doubt into the defence - it makes teh first receiver's job so much easier.

will be interesting to see how he is replaced - i'm not convinced of a MM TL pairing for next season.
Not missed at all.

A crap signing.
He has played well this season.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

'Technically' the next players to step up to the Hooker position is......Logan Tomkins :cool:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Brad5926 wrote:'Technically' the next players to step up to the Hooker position is......Logan Tomkins :cool:
is he that good or do people want him in because his name is Tomkins? I've seen very mixed reviews and don't know what to think. I reckon Farrell could make a decent hooker down the line.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

I have consistently watched him and he is a stocky type hooker than a 'nippy' micky higham type hooker, can hold the ball up for that extra second or two exceptionally
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Logan has a very good standard of basic skills. He has bags of heart, courage and determination. Athletically I am not certain he possesses anything outstanding in terms of strength or speed. I have always felt he would be a slow burner and may be 20/21 before he is ready.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is never mentioned but if the club wanted a different style of hooker to Mickey Mac then Aaron Payne from the Cowboys would be ideal. He offers far more than Monaghan on the footballing / creative side.

Mickey Mac is capable of playing 80 minutes though.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:He is never mentioned but if the club wanted a different style of hooker to Mickey Mac then Aaron Payne from the Cowboys would be ideal. He offers far more than Monaghan on the footballing / creative side.

isn't good enough though, maybe a season elsewhere on loan would do him a world of good, maybe bring in an old stager similar to Millard, but with more left in the tank for one last season, what is Malcolm Alker or Brad Drew doing next season or are they past it?

somebody has said elsewhere that Wigan along with Warrington have offered a 2 year deal to Anthony Quinn.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:He is never mentioned but if the club wanted a different style of hooker to Mickey Mac then Aaron Payne from the Cowboys would be ideal. He offers far more than Monaghan on the footballing / creative side.

isn't good enough though, maybe a season elsewhere on loan would do him a world of good, maybe bring in an old stager similar to Millard, but with more left in the tank for one last season, what is Malcolm Alker or Brad Drew doing next season or are they past it?

somebody has said elsewhere that Wigan along with Warrington have offered a 2 year deal to Anthony Quinn.
If Malcolm Alker isn't good enough for Salford, then I'm damn sure he isn't good enough for Wigan.
Brad Drew is far to injury prone.
Why would Mickey Mac need to go on loan, he's good enough now, doesn't need the extra game time because he's getting plenty at Wigan.
We need either another good hooker or a back up for Tommy if MM gets injured and we need to switch things around
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09