Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyLaw

Re: Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Post by AndyLaw »

Good to see some positive signings, not just people picking up a retirement package. My only concern is the 1 year contract for Hofman.

How many times have we seen players come over and only have an average 1st season, to improve in season 2?

The saving grace is that all 3 are from the same club and therefore know each other, as well as knowing the coach, therefore I'd expect them to settle in a bit quicker.
Fernando Player

Post by Fernando Player »

Has it been confirmed that Hock is returning to us next season? If so, we'll have a bigger and more experienced squad then this year... Great news, but what do we think the effect on the salary cap will be?
jobo

Post by jobo »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:My only concern is about Brett Finch, he was fired off from parramatta by Daniel Anderson whom i rate very highly indeed as a coach and they went onto the grand final in the same season.

Finch went up to the storm and is then being asked to leave even before the salary cap issue at the storm.

I just wonder what type of player we are taking on ?

We are without doubt missing that all famous X factor in big games and just wonder of Finch is the right man ?

The age of the 3 players signed speaks volumes as at least we are not just brining over players who are looking for one last big pay day.
I've seen Finch play quite a few times and he is good. I'd say he's better than both Maguire and Leon Price. Not as good a signing as Billy Slater would have been but I'm sure he'll give us an extra dimension.

Anyhow, MM knows him better than anyone of us and I trust his judgement.

Roll on the rest of the season and definitely next season.

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think the easiest way to look at it is this, if you look who is going out to who is coming and ask yourself;

Are they better than who is leaving?

Hoffman for Bailey = Yes
Lima for Feka = Yes
Finch for Riddell = Yes

Which means no matter what we need or think we need these singings make our squad stronger
not being rude but finch and riddell play different positions
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

While that is true, most people would say the Hooker/Halfback role is now interchangable if you look at players like Monahagn who was orginally a 7, and our very own lulu, plus regardless of position, Finch is a better standard of player than Riddell
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:While that is true, most people would say the Hooker/Halfback role is now interchangable if you look at players like Monahagn who was orginally a 7, and our very own lulu, plus regardless of position, Finch is a better standard of player than Riddell
fair enough :D
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Maguire's so level headed. Throughout that interview he remained concise and thoughtful.

He spoke of his Dad with great fondness. It gave me goosebumps.

I always like how straight talking he is, whether it be the team or on this occassion, his personal life. There's no cliche, no bul****t, just someone who's prepared to say what he thinks without wrapping it up in anything else.

I am personally very pleased about how he talked about Hock, the three new Aussies and the loss to Wire. And I don't think it'll be too long before we hear something about that last remaining quota slot.

Very good interview.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

excellent signings and very excited to see them in a wigan shirt. especially Lima as he is what we have been lacking in recent times
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I just wonder what type of player we are taking on ?

In simple terms - 'champion players'

Well done IL and MM.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Aslong as Finch doesn't hang about with Gleeson I'm sure he'll be fine :lol:

Madge is a classy bloke, speaks his mind and it is obvious that he is very passionate about our club, I wish him all the best with his Dad, it can't be easy and i would think that Waneo will be in charge for probably our next 2/3 games.
Up The Mont!