Joel charged. Wire players knighted

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Joel charged. Wire players knighted

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be fair Joel was far too late on Myler to expect not to get done, myler had grounded the ball and was on the floor for about 2 seconds before Joel hit him, very very silly play
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

lol had to laugh at the hull and rovers list.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

pedro

Post by pedro »

Its a farce, Joel gets charged yet Luaki for picking up the player - no charge...ok then how about punching him - no charge, its laughable
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cherry.pie wrote:
pedro wrote:Its a farce, Joel gets charged yet Luaki for picking up the player - no charge...ok then how about punching him - no charge, its laughable
I was surprised when I read that he was let off. He's given a push and so reacts by throwing punches, yet apparently that's not worthy of a ban. Ben Cockayne did the exact same thing after being pushed by Calderwood and that's apparently worthy of 1-2 matches.
to be fair we'll smash um anyway
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Quite a surprise to see Danny Tickle`s name on the offenders list--- for fighting? I`d like to see the video evidence for that.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Has Peackock and Morley got imunity from being banned? because they could miss every match of the season if charged on their offences in a game. And when they are charged and appeal, amazingley they get it reduced. And why did Wigan not appeal for Coley with a big game comming up?
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

its laughable that Luaki aint up this week !!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

ste lord wrote:its laughable that Luaki aint up this week !!
I would rather Luaki play. He's a liability both in terms of defence and discipline.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Appealing hasn't always worked out well for wigan players, not remember newton in the long face arrangement charge. He got a ban of like 8 weeks appealed and they upped it to 12 or something ridiculous.

Like i said it was a stupid flop by Joel, While i dont buy into the whole "refs hate wigan" speech we do always seem to come off very badly done to in the disciplinary, however its the old problem, if you get done speeding doing 40mph in a 30mph zone, and someone doesn't get done for doing 50mph, doesn't mean you were any more innocent, Joel deserves a ban IMO as Myler would have been relaxed and not expecting impact and Joel dropped fairly hard on his back.

Others deserves bans too, they may not get them, that's life, but if Joel hadn't done it he would have never have been there to be charged.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure