Amos' tackling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brian Edgar

Re: Amos' tackling

Post by Brian Edgar »

Amos stint at fullback prior to injury was the best display of attack from a Wigan fullback I have ever seen. It surpassed Phil Blake.

I think the injury was far more serious than we were ever told and I imagine the Myler try between the posts he was think self preservation rather than wanting to be diving and hitting posts again.

I know why they do it but I am not keen on the fullback / winger interchanging in defence.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I totally accept he's nervous over the injury. And if it was me that'd been I injured like he was, I'd still be crying like a baby now!!

But he's not me, fortunately. I just hope that spark comes back to him and he grows in confidence. Because as CP.... Er..... Brian points out. He was about as good as anybody prior to the Wakey game.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kiwiseddon wrote:I totally accept he's nervous over the injury. And if it was me that'd been I injured like he was, I'd still be crying like a baby now!!

But he's not me, fortunately. I just hope that spark comes back to him and he grows in confidence. Because as CP.... Er..... Brian points out. He was about as good as anybody prior to the Wakey game.
good post keep having a look at the try of the month competitions ANL did on youtube, some of the tries he scored early on in the season are as good as any I've seen for years. I too hope so much his timidity is short term for the sake of our chances in the playoffs because there seems to be no in-between with him he's a match winner or a match loser.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

IMO. The try he scored whilst getting injured was about as good as I've ever seen. It totally overshadowed though by the injury. Shame!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

I saw the hit he took at the SE corner, he was in agony after it, even slaping away a helping hand up from a team mate. He def should have went off after that imo. As others say his form has dipped due to the injury and i for one dont think he is back to match fitness yet.

Fingers crossed we get the old amos back pdq

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

I don't think we realise as fans just how finely tuned some of the athletic players are and a slight injury can even affect their form. To me Amos is what you would call a confidence player but that day when He carved up Cas at Cas and days like v Warrington at HJ are memories that live with fans forever. We also forget it was not really Amos conditions on Friday but hey it usually rains in the GF, so that's not an acceptable excuse Amos ;)