Fish o mania

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
gpartin

Re: Fish o mania

Post by gpartin »

medlocke wrote:
gpartin wrote:
medlocke wrote: I see what you mean, no love lost there like :lol:
aye I'm actually less proud of coming from leeds than not coming from Hull as it goes ha
Why? you from Belle Isle like? :lol:
naaah Morley, not far off to be honest, closer than I'd like anyway lol
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

nice one Brian there's a couple pretty close to me I'll check them out thanks bud
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

gpartin wrote:
nice one Brian there's a couple pretty close to me I'll check them out thanks bud
fish in the sea, it's free, you never catch nowt so it's way more exciting :lol:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

medlocke wrote:
gpartin wrote:
fish in the sea, it's free, you never catch nowt so it's way more exciting :lol:
I've done 4 days on a trawler off Norway mate not a rod in site and not a great deal of cod either unfortunately for the crew. Hardest few days I've ever had in my life. The nets are weighted down with these huge steel frames on massive chains that just swing around wildly in rough sea the noise is immense, we were in a force 7/8 and the deck was covered in ice when one of the lads mistimed it when he tried to grab the frame and only the fact his feet slipped under him stopped him being pulled out and washed to sea. The same ship had lost a crew member a couple of months before you'd be surprised how many people are killed but I had the relatively easy job of sorting out different species and icing the boxes but I've no idea how people cope being away for weeks at a time. Anyway me and my mate are going to go to one of the places in Beverley next week, he's been before, which I never knew but need to look up all this about rod licences and stuff because I don't know what I'm doing.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

did you go fishing then GP? were it any good?

have just pulled me box of Bass lures out, every one needs their O rings and treble hooks changing, looks like it's gonna cost around £20+, but will be worth it if i can pull in a few Bass over the coming weeks
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

supposed to be going next week mate all being well. Fishing for carp with my mate who's been loads of times and looking forward to it but got a fair bit going on at moment so nothing's definite. Sounds like an expensive do mate.

platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Ever been "SCUTCHIN FOR FLUTES" AT Grange over Sands Meds?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

platt-warrior wrote:Ever been "SCUTCHIN FOR FLUTES" AT Grange over Sands Meds?
not a clue what your on about, is it some sort of weird Lancashire lingo :D , have you seen Grange lately, it looks more like a lawn than a beach
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pure guess but are you talking about catching flatties with your feet PW? I used to fish with a Local Labour Club as a teenager / young man at Ulverston Canal and one of the old boys used to wander onto the sands after the match had finished and return with some flatties he caught using his feet.