Batley vs Widnes

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Batley vs Widnes

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He has got a Will Carling look about him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:He has got a Will Carling look about him
spoke to him a few weeks ago and asked him if he'd have ever considered playing league. He told me he'd spoken to Ellery Hanley who said he was neither fit enough or fast enough and he'd get smashed so he didn't bother as he was earning a fortune in sponsorship as England captain and didn't want to become an average squad player. His attitudes to rugby union are remarkably similar to ours and he regularly goes out drinking with Russell Crowe when he's in London and watches Rugby League regularly. Decent bloke and still incredibly fit, recently did a 70k bike ride in the pennines in sweltering heat.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Morph wrote:Did anyone pick up on Barry McDermotts comment regarding Ben Davies development as a prop. Apparently according to McDermot the onl way Ben will develop into a top class prop is by staying at Widnes!!!, as according to Barrie they are noted for producing prop forwards. I know you've only one eye barry but even you must be able to see that he'd be better off developing under maguire rather than cullen!!

You can't half tell McDermot been on a coaching course by his commentary. Everything is explained as tech ical bollocks by him. Still i've realised that the strongest grip known to man is to make sure you have your thumb around everything. :roll:
I like Barrie's comments, he knows what he's talking about, but yes he does trot out the same phrases you imagine him using with the Leeds juniors.
As regards Davies staying at Widnes, I guess he was just trying to help out his old Mucker Terry O'Connor.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I like Barry but he does like a lot try to show off with technical coaching aspects and can repeat the same things match after match. Bring back Eddie Waring. Stick it up thy jumper lad!!