Roberts Gone home?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
MrDave

Re: Roberts Gone home?

Post by MrDave »

So what if Amos Roberts went back to Australia there are more important things than rugby league in this world and I'm sure Amos puts the well being of his family as his primary concern.

Amos and his family are over 10000 miles away from home in and culture and climate that is different from what they are used to.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Can't be doing with riddles. Is anyone leaving or what?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gpartin wrote:Can't be doing with riddles. Is anyone leaving or what?
Ha ha.

I heard today that George maybe thinking about it at the end of the season but will just have to wait & see how he feels then.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wm_warrior

Post by wm_warrior »

Roberts has not gone back to aus , i was speaking to him yesterday afternoon in wigan. he will be out for a few more weeks.
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote:
gpartin wrote:Can't be doing with riddles. Is anyone leaving or what?
Ha ha.

I heard today that George maybe thinking about it at the end of the season but will just have to wait & see how he feels then.
Well, according to the Observer! he now wants to stay & take up the option of another year :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:Basically your a tad late. All is now well with Amos, partner and child. Amos has made a couple of trips to Aus but it's sorted. Amos is very happy at Wigan he just had a personal issue which was not our business.

Mind you when one talks about rumour mongering, a Wigan player whose brother is an Australian journalist did exactly the same but in the press. Cannot think who told him.
if he is unsettled he can always go back to The Woolpack
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

More to this than meets the eye. Heard he is leaving at the end of the season as his wife is not settled and they are heading back to aus, hence why we have been linked with anthony quinn from Melbourne.

He did return home for a short trip mid season but following his return heard he has asked for an end of season release.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

TRICKY DICKY wrote:More to this than meets the eye. Heard he is leaving at the end of the season as his wife is not settled and they are heading back to aus, hence why we have been linked with anthony quinn from Melbourne.

He did return home for a short trip mid season but following his return heard he has asked for an end of season release.
Still, if true or not (and we will have to wait for the answer) I would have thought that a winger would be low on priority as far as signings are concerned. Is Quinn that good?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I hope the abiding memory of Amos is not ramming into the goalpost, but going out on a hat-trick. However, I fear that we`ve seen the very best of him now, he`s injured and seems out of sorts, no return date to play and only a handfull of games left. Rumours of him wanting to go back to Oz are rife, and with another hard close-season training plus trying to regain a first team place next season and a year older make me think Amos has had his best games for Wigan. I really do hope I`m wrong but....
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

If the rumours are confirmed as correct and Amos does return home at the end of the season I would prefer that we look to recruit a full back rather than shift Pat there again.

Or do people expect Sam to shift there due to Finch being signed or is Veivers ready yet to step up?