Jarryd Hayne/Sam Tomkins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Jarryd Hayne/Sam Tomkins

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Just watched the Parramatta v Canterbury game, and the way Sam played on Friday was similar to how Hayne played for the Eels.
I think Madge may be on to something here (surprise surprise), and am now seriously thinking Sam could be wearing the No 1 shirt next year.
That leaves us needing to recruit a hooker though, as Tommy would have to stay in the halves with Finch.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Re: Jarryd Hayne/Sam Tomkins

Post by cpwigan »

Sam is light years from what Hayne produces at full back. Hayne is a full back. Sam is a half back.
exile in Tiger country

cpwigan wrote:Sam is light years from what Hayne produces at full back. Hayne is a full back. Sam is a half back.
Currently, but Hayne was one of the main play makers, although his defence was much better than Sam's.
Maguire obviously has a plan.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:Sam is light years from what Hayne produces at full back. Hayne is a full back. Sam is a half back.
Well said. Tomkins does a job at full back and thats about it. The good things that he does when at full back he does when he is basically playing in the stand off role anyway.
exile in Tiger country

Dobby wrote:
Well said. Tomkins does a job at full back and thats about it. The good things that he does when at full back he does when he is basically playing in the stand off role anyway.
That was my point, Hayne spent a lot of time acting as another half, controlling the plays and offering chances to others.