Re: eastwood wants to go home !

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He hasn't been that spectacular this year either! When they finally confirmed he was going to play for them, I thought that he might be one of the stand out performers for them.

Apart from a couple of good games; he hasn't done that much - and that's not even including all the time he has spent warming the treatment table
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

can imagine he takes a big chunk of the salary cap up at leeds, be interseting who they try to sign to replace him

phil bailey ?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If I was living in and around Leeds I'd want to get away also. Can't blame the lad.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

i reckon all overseas contracts should have a buy out clause written into them, if you want out of your contract then you will have to pay the club £10k simple as, surely this will put a stop to players leaving early because they don't like the rain, players will only be released due to certain circumstances ie family illness/death etc
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

medlocke wrote:i reckon all overseas contracts should have a buy out clause written into them, if you want out of your contract then you will have to pay the club £10k simple as, surely this will put a stop to players leaving early because they don't like the rain, players will only be released due to certain circumstances ie family illness/death etc
I'd make it more than that to be honest. The early part of the first season a players joins can be wasted getting the player used to the techniques the club use and even getting the rest of the players used to the new signing. This is worthwhile to a club if the following season things are more settled for them but if the player leaves it can leave them back square one particularly for a key playmaker. The salary for the first year should be dependent on the player staying for the 2nd but if they don't they should have to repay a fixed amount so they don't need to be asking for daft transfer fees or risk having to keep a player who isn't committed. I'd say this figure should be 25% or more in order to make sure only genuine players come over in the first place.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."