Luck?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Luck?

Post by Doveoverdave »

How unlucky have we been this season?

A never ending stream of injuries have affected the team no doubt. However, reading through Geoff's squad list (Faz & Davico apart) I for one am not too impressed.

"Lucky" wins against Saints, Hull, Widnes and UTC make me think we should count our blessings and praise our luck, because the results could have been worse with a full squad to select from.

GeoffN

Re: Luck?

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
..none the less yes we have been lucky so far with the wins we have had. In particular the Saints match.
...or unlucky with some of the losses, in particular the Bradford home match.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Absolutely right geoffn.
it astounds me the attitude of some of our so called fans. If we lose we're crap, if we win we're lucky.
That's what I call getting behind your team.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: That's what i call being truthful !!!

:angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Doug Stand posted:
..none the less yes we have been lucky so far with the wins we have had. In particular the Saints match.
...or unlucky with some of the losses, in particular the Bradford home match.
I suppose you could argue in that match we would have won had Tickle not hit the post with one of his conversion attempts but all the same we ought to have killed that game off before it got to the stage it did.

We just ran out of players and steam and the reason we did that wasn'r luck IMO but the fact the squad could not last the full 80 which has been evident not just this season.

Dave