Attendance-wise

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Attendance-wise

Post by ancientnloyal »

We are up for the first time in 3 years against Huddersfield... 13,600 tonight.

in the bigger picture that puts us firmly 1st overall ahead of Leeds for best home attendance AND away attendance.

in total 305,637 have seen Wigan play this year 6,000 ahead of Leeds.

We should be now the best supported club in the league again after Bradford (leeds have catalans)

Saints slip below Warrington into 5th best supported team, despite the last season at Knowsley Road... tells you alot doesnt it when Wire can out pull you.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Re: Attendance-wise

Post by cpwigan »

Huddersfield are a disgrace. What did they bring? 100 / less than 100?
doc

Post by doc »

When they showed their fans celebrating after the winning try on the big screen there couldn't have been more than a dozen! It really spoils the atmosphere when the away end is shut and must look dire on the box.
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:Huddersfield are a disgrace. What did they bring? 100 / less than 100?
the club must be embarassed with that following its pathetic.
onedego

Post by onedego »

they're only, what 40 miles away? Take em an hour to get here... and they can't be bothered. I tell you, we should've won tonight based on the fact that the fans show they give a stuff about their team and the sport... But oh no, BENTham strikes again! I guess the offside rule doesn't apply in Yorkshire.

[EDIT] oops, fraudien slip there... put a T in instead of an R in YorkshiRe
Sue d'Nym

Post by Sue d'Nym »

"we should've won tonight based on the fact that the fans show they give a stuff about their team and the sport..."

Sadly we don't win or loose based on the fans performance................
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

to be fair to Huddersfield my take was that they brought a higher amount of fans this time round... looked like a decent chunk of the Boston were Fartowners - still, if wakefield can get an away end open...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
onedego

Post by onedego »

Christ on a bike, salford got it open and they barely filled a D or a W! Its pathetic!
Sue d'Nym

Post by Sue d'Nym »

If they are only giving the away team a portion of the Boston stand why isn't the North Stand given away at cost price to a local firm/charity?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I guess time to market and I always remember Mick Hogan saying there is a limit to how many time you can do any iniative in a season otherwise it loses impact. I wonder if the club should open the North stand though to have fans in all 4 stands.

No away fans is a real killer re atmosphere. For the birth place of RL and having had a reasonable team for a couple of seasons, the people of Huddersfield are a disgrace.